PDA

View Full Version : few frame questions

joeyds450x
01-25-2010, 12:28 PM
is powder coating the frame a good idea? will it hurt anything or will i be ok?

i saw the powder coating the swingarm argument thread and i plan on powder coating it anyways..

and would it be safe to cut off the loc-bolts and replace them with a bolt/lock nut and lock tight? i plan on getting rid of all those torx too.. nothing but a pain in my ***

opinions? thanks

florentino
01-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by joeyds450x
is powder coating the frame a good idea? will it hurt anything or will i be ok?

i saw the powder coating the swingarm argument thread and i plan on powder coating it anyways..

and would it be safe to cut off the loc-bolts and replace them with a bolt/lock nut and lock tight? i plan on getting rid of all those torx too.. nothing but a pain in my ***

opinions? thanks
get it polish thats some thing no one has done .. i may do mine.
how is your frame good?

joeyds450x
01-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by florentino
get it polish thats some thing no one has done .. i may do mine.
how is your frame good?
i was thinking about it but its too much work.. i got it all stripped down and just gotta pressure wash it.. i wanna get it sand blasted but i wanna remove the cast aluminum part of the frame.. i just dont wanna cut off the lock-bolts and have to replace them with a nut and bolt.. im scared it wont hold..

other than that the frame is perfect

florentino
01-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by joeyds450x
i was thinking about it but its too much work.. i got it all stripped down and just gotta pressure wash it.. i wanna get it sand blasted but i wanna remove the cast aluminum part of the frame.. i just dont wanna cut off the lock-bolts and have to replace them with a nut and bolt.. im scared it wont hold..

other than that the frame is perfect

there is all kinds of sand blasting you want to go with the real fine stuff is like powder. or plastic blasting .. so you dont change the properties of the metal. or you and hand sand it.. if i was you polish it ..

joeyds450x
01-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by florentino
there is all kinds of sand blasting you want to go with the real fine stuff is like powder. or plastic blasting .. so you dont change the properties of the metal. or you and hand sand it.. if i was you polish it ..

naaa i got somethin else in mind.. should be done in a month or two lol