PDA

View Full Version : Are RZRs worth it?

shane071489
01-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Thinking about selling my 2008 ltr 450 and gfs 2008 raptor 350 and buying a rzr she dont really want to but hey i bought both so i can do it and she cant say nothing haha might have to get a new pillow for the dog house...so back to my question has anyone made the switch and what have they thought i dont see paying that much and having the quads and then again that might be what i do any info would be highly appreciated

KAWIRYDER
01-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Don't do it. At least now when you have two different machines you don't have to listen to her. When you have to sit with her in the same vehicle telling you to watch out where you are going you'll wished you had two machines. Then she will always want to go with and there goes your having fun with your buddies.lol :D

Tommy Warren
01-25-2010, 04:58 PM
at least wait a year or two until they put the 850 in it....then it will haul donkey.

mx8
01-25-2010, 05:14 PM
They cost way to much for no more than you get. You can buy a very nice jeep, for alot less money and do the same thing with it. Just my 2 pennys;) ;)

honda400ex2003
01-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by KAWIRYDER
Don't do it. At least now when you have two different machines you don't have to listen to her. When you have to sit with her in the same vehicle telling you to watch out where you are going you'll wished you had two machines. Then she will always want to go with and there goes your having fun with your buddies.lol :D

the worst part of riding double lol. steve

shane071489
01-25-2010, 10:53 PM
yeah she said only reason why she dont want one is she used to ride on the back of my ltr and she said if she dont have to ride with me ha she dont want to ha said i scare the **** out of her haha but she scares the **** out of me to and iono bout her driving haha man they are real high but i got steals on both together bought new dont have 8gs in them i dont think and the rzr for 16g with long travel and everything is sick but i could just buy another car hahaha

wishmasstir
01-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I bought a rzr this past fall. Ended up selling my ltr last month, if you ride moto it will be hard when everyone else is on the track and you only have the rzr, unless you nut up and launch the rzr too! The rzr is a blast though and puts a smile on my face everytime I get in it, and everyone elses. If your girl is dumb it might not be the best idea, my wife loves riding and the rzr saves her back compared to being on the back of the quad.

If you end up getting one, try to get a used one with accessories on it unless you can afford the new one. You'll find out that you NEED a winch if you trail ride because if you swamp one they are a little too hard to push lol. I just put pro armors doors on mine, now the dog cant jump out!!

shane071489
01-26-2010, 11:41 AM
nah she aint shes real calm on hers just like gassing it every now and then but shes real scared of jumping it and stuff i got her to do a double a few times just figured id step back and get a rzr iono i love riding tracks but i only get to maybe a few times a year and im nervous that im gonna mess up cause i havent rode in so long haha

wishmasstir
01-26-2010, 11:58 AM
I know polaris just came out with some special editions that are worth looking into. They now have a walker evans edition which has compression and preload adjustable shocks, this would be ideal because the factory suspension doesn't handle the rough stuff that great. Check out rzrforums dot net you'll find the most info there for sure on the www. I'd go check one out before jumping in head first, I rode in my buddies rhino and thought it was the coolest thing. It had me sold on the side by sides

shane071489
01-26-2010, 12:30 PM
my granddad has a mule and its fun but slow ha how fast are the rzrs liek on acceleration and stuff ive always wanted one so bad so i could ride more than just on teh track like do they spin the tires like can you do a donut? how much did you give for yours used? and are they really expensive to modify i know i just asked a lot haha sorry

wishmasstir
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
haha yea they are NOTHING like a mule. I've hit our tabletop with mine with what I thought was enough speed to clear it but the suspension soaks it all up, I could be in the air or not idk lol. It'll go 0-40 in about 4 seconds. Yes, they spin tires. I've never tried to just do a donut in it except in the snow but I can slide around turns on command. I didn't buy mine used but it was a leftover, there are a lot of 2008's for sale for around 8k-9k. Theres actually one in my area for 7k now, instigator racing is selling it.

They are a little pricey to modify though, everybody jokes around about the rzr tax that companies add because parts seem so expensive. Polaris sells a ton of parts to trick them out that are reasonably priced, bumpers around $150, roofs, windshields. Lonestar has the cheapest "mid" travel kit available, +4 mts kit its $2200 un-powdercoated. There are turbo kits available which will lay down 80 RWHP for $3800, supercharger kits available which put down the same numbers. Holtz, trinity, mcx-usa make big bore kits and some have stroker kits available. The plus side to the rzr market is that there is such a big craze for them on the west coast because they are cheaper than long travel buggies so there are crazy parts being made left and right. MCX-USA just released a 900cc stroker big bore turbo kit which is supposed to put down 175 RWHP ... which is insane compared to the factory 35-40 RWHP. You can also just buy a weber motor conversion kit (google this) they have a 130hp factory turbo kit which is pretty stout. It can be modified to something like 275hp...

shane071489
01-26-2010, 02:03 PM
man that sounds sick did you used to ride tracks with your ltr? whats it like just having the rzr now and not having a quad? does your wife ride with you? does she enjoy it?

wishmasstir
01-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I really only rode practice tracks with anything. I don't mind not having a quad right now because I have a busy year coming up. Maybe next winter I'll start building another 250r though, anyways, its always hard whenever people are riding mx and you can't for whatever reason.

My wife is the reason we got the rzr, we used to ride all the time but all the race quads are impossible for two people. She loves riding in the rzr we even went the other day on a real slow pregnant ride by ourselves and it was nice.

shane071489
01-27-2010, 11:24 AM
thats cool yeah iono what imma do yet i love riding on mx tracks or practice tracks so its a real hard decision might just rent one and see how i like it

smr
01-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by shane071489
thats cool yeah iono what imma do yet i love riding on mx tracks or practice tracks so its a real hard decision might just rent one and see how i like it

that's what we did. We went to little sahara Oklahoma and rented one. We fell in love with it.

I picked up my LE about 3 weeks ago in TN.

Ntensweapon
01-27-2010, 05:13 PM
I would own the Premis rhino if I had land to ride it on. I'm limited to public atv parks and they don't allow them. I wouldn't sell the quad though. Pretty sure I would miss it. Just two very different forms of adrenaline imo.