PDA

View Full Version : getting out of tickets!!

Bigkyle111
01-24-2010, 09:29 PM
ok so lets hear how many tickets youve had, what for, and how many youve got out of.

3 tickets 0 getting out of.

36 in a 20
296$

running stop sign
idk havent went to court

and no seat belt
20$

SRH
01-24-2010, 09:31 PM
45 in a 30

reduced to parking on the pavement $100

running a red

reduced to parking on the pavement $100

Ruby Soho
01-24-2010, 09:42 PM
no seatbelt - $120

Tommy Warren
01-24-2010, 09:45 PM
6 speeding tickets doing 10 KM/H over got out of 2

running stop sign....got a lawyer and had to pay $110 to charity no fine

got drunk and drove into someones living room at 3 a.m called a cab and got the hell out of there....all I got was leaving the scene of a crash 300 bucks and 3 points.:D

jesseweaver
01-24-2010, 09:46 PM
i've gotten out of a few but not enough... had to learn my lesson the hard way.

kfx400rider03
01-24-2010, 09:51 PM
no tail light fuse blew and i just kept driving to my friends house. he lives on a back road almost no cops are on ever. did a burn out up the hill to his house and got pulled of for recless driving and told the cop i didnt mean to do a burnout because there was the gravel crap on the road because there was a snow storm 2 days before. cop said fix your tail light and dont do burn out in fron of cops... i never saw him

and then a agian pulled up like a inch from my buddys bumper and a cop said i hit him and i said no i would have felt it i said i was about a inch or 2 away and he got pissed and said il give you a warning for reckless driving.

got lucky twice and i know the third time im getting a ticket:rolleyes: just never hoping for the third time

Scro
01-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Been driving for 9 years, too many tickets to list. I've gone to driving school once, and paid the rest. I've gotten too many seatbelts tickets to remember. I completely disagree with the seatbelt law, by the way. It's no different than a cop walking into my garage and giving me a ticket for not wearing safety glasses when cutting something metal or wood:rolleyes:

He's giving me a ticket for something I'm doing in MY car, on the road that I pay for in MY taxes. Speeding, on the other hand, is something that could endanger somebody else...

Rant off, thread on....

250r rider 88
01-24-2010, 10:24 PM
72 in a 55

verbal warning for seatbelt

not bad for 6 years of driving

01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Speeding 47 in a 40, $125, then I took a class $30 no points, no insurance rate increase, $155 total

Wreckless for spinning tires, rapid acceleration. Knocked down to careless... $155 total

Wreckless for the same exact thing pulling out in rush hour traffic, didnt realise I was spinning the tires and I had to use some power to cross 4 lanes of traffic when i found an open slot... pulled out of my car, long talk, let go!

Careless driving $155, totaled my car $4000 loss, $500 to replace a fence, $7500 in increased insurance rates, $800 attorney... almost $13k FML

I cant get another ticket or I lose my license and I will be dropped from any insurance. Yay for screwing up my life at a young age and being in debt :(

hypersnyper6947
01-24-2010, 11:29 PM
86 in a 75 got out of it, only paid $100 to a lawyer and never had to deal with it again :D no points no nothing

I have had several others with out any luck though lol

onefast400ex
01-24-2010, 11:46 PM
I've been really lucky but, I see the third time is the one you don't want to see.
The first was a like 83 in a 65 so I got a warning and that was that.

Second time the cop looked like he was ingesting some type of chemicals... I am not too sure. He said I was doing 63 in a 45 but it wasnt my car and I had no papers and licenese on me. He told me to watch out for the deer and have a nice night. Very cool guy, and it was late at night and he definitely had a sugar high or something.

Third time was the doozie. The officer got me for almost 70 in a 40, right down the road from my place. That wasn't a good time, I was taking my truck down the straightaways to dry it off and never thought that the townships only officer was having a stake out. The ticket was close to $200 and 5 points on the license. I went to court and the offer before the hearing was 2 points and a session or 3 points and no session. I chose to fight it and got it down to no points and one driving group discussion session (which I am gladly awaiting). The cop asked me what I wanted in a negotiation and I told him no points. He laughed, left me with a few remarks and said it was impossible. It all depends on your judge and how polite you are. In my case, the cop put himself in the worst possible situation. In pics I showed him, I asked him to tell me where he parked. He put himself in a spot that was almost impossible to see the lines. The officer made himself look bad because he changed his story 3 times. I learned a lot and felt it was a very nice learning experience. Another small tip that looks good, is if you are young and go fight the case. I was the youngest person there and the only one without a lawyer. It made the judge very happy, and that was probably the reason it was lessened.

Very nice, I learned very early on that it ain't worth it, there is so much that you have to lose and it is such a PITA. A lot of time gets wasted. If you are young and get caught, always try to fight the case. At worst you lose and come home with an experience. Good luck and Drive Safely.

extremetrucker
01-25-2010, 12:03 AM
personal:
50 in a 30 $190 2 pts
70 in a 55 let go
drag racing/careless driving, knocked down to impeding traffic $90 no points
couple seat belt violations

big truck:
75 in a 55 4pts and $200 ish
61 in a 50 in ohio, michigan doubles permit voided, 149,000lbs at an 80,000 limit, and an 11 over speeding ticket, permit violation, log violation $3790, $1000 attorney, knocked down no points, and $1200 fine, farkin ohio dot:mad: chitty thing was is i wasnt speeding....that trip.
3 or 4 other log violations at 120 a piece.
2 defective equipment at around 400 each
1 more "misload" which means i was under gross, but heavy on certain axles so its treated as an overloa in michigan...$600

theres more, but that just got depressing, maybe i'll sell the rig and go flip burgers:(

roberts5
01-25-2010, 12:20 AM
CNI for driving one edge of road , passing a bob truck. dropped but had to do 20hrs community service

41 in a 25, went to judge payed 425 and got dropped to dffective equippment,
no proof of insurance, 100 dollars

drag racing doin 67 in a 35- got a warning and a long talk

thats about it. been drivin for 2 years lol

Kickstarts-suck
01-25-2010, 01:33 AM
None

and I love how cheap my insurance is.
:devil:

01-25-2010, 01:36 AM
130 on a 75 -- No ticket but almost got my *** whipped by a cop

"Exhibition of Acceleration" , New years '08 - No ticket.

kfx400rider03
01-25-2010, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Nova
130 on a 75 -- No ticket but almost got my *** whipped by a cop

"Exhibition of Acceleration" , New years '08 - No ticket.

how the hell did you talk your way out of that one?:eek2:

01-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Kind of long story but I got nothing better to do. Ahaha.

I'm flying down the freeway in my moms car doing 130 for probably 5 minutes and I saw a cop and just sh it. He flips a ***** and I was already slowing down. I get to the speed limit and he rolls up behind me with his lights and sirens on of course. I pull over.... My friends in the car and he's laughing like an ***. I'm scared out of my mind. Mind you this was about 2 years ago. He comes up to the window and goes, "License and registration." I start reaching for my glovebox and next thing I know I'm being ripped out of the car, then pretty much slammed on the trunk. He starts searching me and throws me in cuffs... Right now I'm about to die cause my parents would kill me anyway. My friend is still sitting in the car just chillin. The cop goes, "This your parents car."
"My moms sir...."
"Well I just impounded it and revoked your license."
"............"
"What do you think your parents are going to do?"
"Kill me sir..."
"That's what I thought.... Now I was a teenager once so understand... You're lucky I'm having a great day and I'm going to let you go. If I ever pull you over again I will be sure to give you every fine I can find."
"Thank you very much sir...."
He lets me get back in the car, I close the door and he starts walking back to his car to leave. When I shut the door my friend busts up laughing, loud as hell. The cop comes back and pokes his head in the sunroof, "Is something funny son?"
My friend gets the straightest face ever and goes, "No... Sorry officer."

I start driving away and started cracking up at my friend. lol.

I've never gone more than 10 over the speed limit ever since. Scared the chit outta me. Ahahaha. I got extremely lucky.

dns1764
01-25-2010, 04:51 AM
lucky. the other week i flew by a nh cop at 115ish and he must have been sleeping. when i got to boston i go tagged for doing 60 on a 2 lane highway at 11pm. apperently the speedlimit was 30.

gcart2
01-25-2010, 05:23 AM
75 in a 55 passing in double solid line. pulled over by an under cover cop. cop asks me why i was speeding, i told him the truth, late for class and i had sat's that day. his son went to same school, same test. let me go.

leaving hospital, didnt have seatbelt on. cop pulls me over. he says im acting shady. "my brothers having a kid" "brother is having a kid huh?" "his gf" "yep, step out of the vehicle please" took me to the car, searched me. asked to search the truck. had nothing to hide and didnt feel like paying a 120 dollar seat belt ticket, let him do it. lets me go. he was an *** hole.

four o clock, headin home from work, just picked up the gf. car comes to a dead stop before taking a right hand turn. i passed the car. problem was it was a double solid line road. first car coming in the left lane (100 yards off or so) was a cop. pulls me over. officer comes up and is tellin me what i did and what not. cop tells me its friday, he gets off in thirty minutes. He asks me:
"son give me one good reason why i shouldnt give you the $190 ticket"
sitting there thinking, "hmm"
my gf laughs
i look at her "what?"
she looks at the officer "officer we are going to the mall later, ill make sure i get the money out of him."
"you two have a good evening"

god i loved her.

meankfx
01-25-2010, 06:58 AM
92 in a 45 pulled over by a woman. She was going to take me to jail but since I was going to school she didnt. I fought the ticket and she didnt show up in court so i thought I got away with it. Then I get a paper in the mail saying I have to come back to court cause she was busy on the previous date. So I endude up getting the ticket for 90 in a 45 and it cost $180.

Also I got another later on for 75 in a 55 and another for 70 in a 55. tickets for both. But know I have a good driving record no points or nothing and my insurance is much cheaper.

derekhonda
01-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Got three tickets, one when 16, one when 17, one when 18. Did all the defferrals, and then never sped for the next 12 months (as per the deferral agreement, they could give you both tickets if they caught you again.) So like an idiot, I had it mapped down to the day, and then I would start speeding again. Decided that was a dumb approach to driving, I now practice the bob and tom "9 your fine, 10 your mine" driving rule and usually just do 6 or 7 over never have a problem in the last 6 years.

reconmaster
01-25-2010, 07:40 AM
no tickets yet just warnings:

goin 130 in a 110km zone taking my step brother to air port. cop said i got a heavy foot he seen the controls think he let me off.

last week missed a 60 signed got clocked 95km told the cop i'm on my way home from work and was ready to hit the sack...he knew who i was told me to slow the hell down... lesson learn more speed traps

dns1764
01-25-2010, 08:21 AM
so 130kmh whats that...like 65mph??? hahaa

KXRida
01-25-2010, 08:32 AM
79 in a 55. Didn't get out of it, but he reduced it to failure to follow posted traffic signs or something and it was $128 and no points. If it were an actual speeding ticket it would've been around $300 and either 3 or 4 points. Got out a few before. Pulled to ole' I think I got stung by a bee and don't have my epi pen. Surprisingly enough it worked. The girl friend told a guy one time she had her period and no tampoons lol.

Wills77
01-25-2010, 11:19 AM
i just had to make a list yesterday for an insurace quote... which was a waste of time cuz they said they cant cover me haha

in 07
excede max spd limit by 22 mph
in 08
disregard traffic control device
in 09
excede 65mph spd limit by 30mph
operating vehicle without inspection
driving an unregistered vehicle

rodeo#11
01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
65 in a 55, no seatbelt, driving after 9 on a permit, no cad. converters on my truck...got pulled over a mile from my house. dropped

busted taillight ticket..dropped

failure to properly stop at a stop sign, no turn signal, wreckless driving cause i did a burn out, 45 in a 35, evading the law cause shot up a back road. dropped

and to many wreckless driving warnings to count lol

honda350r
01-25-2010, 12:42 PM
This is how you get out of a ticket

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/5/Think-this-guy-got-out-of-his-ticket-298697.html

rooster300ex
01-25-2010, 01:29 PM
I haven't had many tickets lately in my 20's. But when i was 16,17,18 I got a couple.

Driving a vehicle not resonable or proper(drifting in a gravel parking lot). $90 I got out of this one.

80 in a 70 $150.90
Operating an atv in state park when it was closed $107
seat belt $20
Public Intox $294

harescrambles
01-25-2010, 03:29 PM
haven't got a ticket in 17 years, they should send me a check

dpizz450
01-25-2010, 05:32 PM
-64/50

-69/50
illegal tint

-46/35

-running stop sign

-running stop sign
no drivers license on person
driving left of center line

-improper lane usage

-92/70

-80/60

Sure theres a few more I missed. I have gotten all of these either fixed, dismissed in court, traffic school, or dropped to a fine without going on my insurance. Gotta go to the court for the 80/60 tomm. morning.

Wills77
01-25-2010, 08:18 PM
i forgot 2 that didntshow up on my record.
1 for doing a burnout when i pulled out infront of a cop... he was talking to me about safe driving then got a call and was like i have to go dont drive like that anymore
and another when me and my friend had both our trucks in a snowy parking lot doing donuts and a cop showed up... he was like how would your dad feel about you doing this in such a nice truck... i was like its my truck and he told me to go practice driving in the snow but he gave me a ticket anyways

extremetrucker
01-26-2010, 12:12 AM
i also forgot about the best one, 4 am, i was bobtailing home from the truck stop and goin by a buddies house and i thought it would be cool to wake him up with the jake brake, so to make it nice and loud i got goin about 85, and right before i hit the jake there was a cop sittin in the woods, thinking fast, i punched myself in the face to give myself a bloody nose, i stopped, and the cop jumped on my step, looked at me and said "oh, i was gonna ask you what your emergency is, how far are you goin?" i said like 5 more miles and ill be home, he just told me to watch for deer lol

meankfx
01-26-2010, 01:55 AM
What is jake brake?

01-26-2010, 03:13 AM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Originally posted by honda350r
This is how you get out of a ticket

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/5/Think-this-guy-got-out-of-his-ticket-298697.html

dns1764
01-26-2010, 05:16 AM
jake brakes are exhaust brakes...very loud and cool sounding

matt581yfz450
01-26-2010, 08:11 AM
49 mph in a 25 and it was a construction zone the cop rote me a ticket for 19 over what a dick lol

It double and would of ben $500.00 bucks but went to court and got out of it some how of just $110.00 and no points! There were 4 of us in the same court room that got pulled over in the same spot with the same cop that day ahahaah.

ricksmx865
01-26-2010, 07:22 PM
No tickets...surprisingly

got pulled for a

91 in 65

85 in 55

60 in 35

these are just the big ones....

Pulled waaaayyy too many times coming home at 3 am cause my "bikes too loud"

sometimes it pays to "know the right people"
:eek:

rollie
01-26-2010, 08:04 PM
$50 for excessive noise, haha

eastcoastpro20
01-26-2010, 08:38 PM
86 in a 55
hardship license for 6 months, no fine no courtcost and off my record completely

01-26-2010, 10:04 PM
ive got out of a few in my day!

yamaha250f
01-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

got drunk and drove into someones living room at 3 a.m called a cab and got the hell out of there....all I got was leaving the scene of a crash 300 bucks and 3 points.:D

Real cool! Kids this is what not to do and who not to admire.

flammable
01-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by matt581yfz450
49 mph in a 25 and it was a construction zone the cop rote me a ticket for 19 over what a dick lol

It double and would of ben $500.00 bucks but went to court and got out of it some how of just $110.00 and no points! There were 4 of us in the same court room that got pulled over in the same spot with the same cop that day ahahaah.

the cops a dick for saying it was 19 over? wene it was really 24 over, looks like he was cutting a a break..... esp. in a work zone, thats how ppl get killed:ermm:

ive gotten a ticket, in NH,MA,ME,RI,VT,and NC lol, but never once pulled over on the highway, wich is were i drive the fastest.i wanna move to florida were the limit is 75 so 95 is only 20 above.

01-27-2010, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by rollie
$50 for excessive noise, haha

You reminded my of my noise ticket! I got a ticket for "Noise Ordinance" in the middle of no where... No houses around.... No businesses.... Just open road and dirt.... WTF? It was like $48 bucks.

dns1764
01-27-2010, 05:11 AM
forgot tihis one - a week after getting my first ticket i passed a cop doing 70 in a 30. he turned his lights on, i slowed down, he shut them off. the same thing happened to my brother. he was doing 95 in a 45. i guess the cops dont want to step outside in the negative temps

fasterblaster09
01-27-2010, 05:34 AM
speeding tickets- 7 I can remember
seatbelt- 3
expired insp. sticker- 3
"drag" racing- 1
speakers- 3 (they impounded them once)
"custom" exhaust- 1
window tint- 2

In one "pull over session" I got the drag racing, custom exhaust, window tint, and speakers. They all got fixed because the racist cop got out of his car cursing me out calling my car piece of sh*t yadayada. His dash cam was cathing all of it, so the sheriff through it out. I don't remember if any of the speeding tickets were fixed, because I did pay them all.

extremeblastr
01-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
speeding tickets- 7 I can remember
seatbelt- 3
expired insp. sticker- 3
"drag" racing- 1
speakers- 3 (they impounded them once)
"custom" exhaust- 1
window tint- 2

In one "pull over session" I got the drag racing, custom exhaust, window tint, and speakers. They all got fixed because the racist cop got out of his car cursing me out calling my car piece of sh*t yadayada. His dash cam was cathing all of it, so the sheriff through it out. I don't remember if any of the speeding tickets were fixed, because I did pay them all.

lmao just for clarity you are aware that the word racist has nothing to do with racing right

joeyds450x
01-27-2010, 10:33 AM
2 loud exhaust = no tickets

1 failure to yeild causing a someone to hit me at 65mph = $165

2 speeding.. 71 in a 55 and a 72 in a 55
one ticket was $270 somethin.. i was runnin late to work
the other the gf was horny and i was in a rush to get there and got a $270 and my liscence suspended for six months.. not worth it lol

1 to fast for conditions slammed into a car with my lifted f-250 sittin on 38s.. = $175 and totaled a friends car..

thats all with my truck.. the others were on my modded out ds450.. i decided to drag race cars at noon on main street.. i won but got into a lot of trouble.. lol so worth it! then got a ticket for operating a motor vehicle (my quad) after suspension and operating a offraod vehicle on public roads

lets just say i drive alot slower and just the quad in the garage lol

fasterblaster09
01-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
lmao just for clarity you are aware that the word racist has nothing to do with racing right

lol I am quite aware of that. He was a different race than I. They were thrown out due to the fact I wasn't speeding (he didn't want to show me video or radar gun), and I really wasn't speeding. First thing he told me was "you little mother F***** I ought to tow this piece of sh*t" and was slapping the top of my car. If it wasn't the fact that he was racist, I do believe it was his time of the month

Quad18star
01-27-2010, 02:02 PM
125 in an 80 ... reduced to 10 over .... $150 fine no points.

Blew through a yellow light 2 days after getting my license . Cop said the light was red ... stopped me but never pulled over the 3 cars behind me that went through. Had the option of a $200 fine and 5 points ... or go to the Police station and write a Test on "safe driving" and no fine , no points. I asked him the directions to get to the station and what time they closed at. :p