PDA

View Full Version : 09 Brute Force burning oil

J4541
01-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Have an 09 brute force burning oil. it still has all of its power, but using almost as much oil as gas. Its still under warranty and the dealership is trying to say there is nothing wrong with it. I think it might be a valve seal. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, or had any suggestions.

pigeon-13
03-24-2010, 03:48 PM
The brutes do sip oil for example. I did a complete oil and filter change went a 300 mi winter ride and the oil was close to the full mark and last weekend when i got to my cabin checked the oil and it was just above the low mark. I have asked people who own or have owned brutes that say this is normal. I own a 2008 brute force 750i. Hopefully this eases your mind but if its using much more than that i would maybe have it checked by a different dealer. Good luck

wrekd
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM
If you do alot of wheelies it will come out of the crankcase vent tube and go into the airbox, or whereever the hell the vent tube goes?? Right into the intake maybe??... I can't remember for sure..3 of my friends have 09 Brute 750's and they all do this if you ride alot of wheelies.