PDA

View Full Version : New doggie

IcutMetl
01-24-2010, 05:52 PM
This is my new doggie Maya! She is a young Siberian Husky that I found by chance at the dog pound I never knew was 5min up the road from me. I had to have my St.Bernard/Collie mix Mallie put to sleep right after new years; she was 12 years old and had bad tumor/arthritis in hips. Have been searching for Huskys, Malamutes, and Dobermans for quite a while; both at breeders, and at petfinder.com, but couldn't pass her up. She's really shy so far and not howling at the moon quite yet...haha but I think she'll open up very nicely.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd173/wlksjstn/Maya1.jpg

extremeblastr
01-24-2010, 06:04 PM
beautiful dog, just got my rhodesian ridgeback puppy today and what a little ball of fire lol hes wrestling with my 90lb lab already.

kfx400rider03
01-24-2010, 06:43 PM
soooooo jealous.:(
i always wanted a siberian husky. they are the coolest looking dogs ever.
your dog is amazing:macho that exactly what i want mine to look like.
i can get over how cool looking he is. i might have to go out and get my own soon.

IcutMetl
01-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey thanks guys! No need to be jealous, haha...there's plenty of great dogs out there for adoption- weather that's a good or a bad thing, I'm not sure. Check out petfinder.com; I have been trolling there for months. I definitely don't have anything against getting a puppy from a breeder, but if I can find one that puts a smile on my face and at the same time save it from getting the juice, then to me that's a bonus.

This is my first Husky; always have liked them though. I had my eye on a massive 150lb Alaskan Malamute up in Michigan, but it fell thru....Maya happened to appear as a stray no more than 5min away. Everything happens for a reason, right?

AirMalone
01-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Lol..hope you bought a shovel too! Your gonna need it fill in all the holes in your backyard from now on

IcutMetl
01-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Haha that's what I've read. Take the good with the bad I guess; we'll see. My St. Bernard/Collie never ever touched my lawn or landscaping at my old house; moved into this place, and I couldn't get her to stop f'ing up the mulch beds! Have no answer for that....

bad450r08
01-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Ive got three siberian huskys and they never really dig. Great dogs their just really hard to train to keep from running away and when they get out they dont stop running

IcutMetl
01-24-2010, 09:30 PM
That's one thing that I'm afraid of; I live in a nice neighborhood, but would hate for anything bad to happen with her. She does have a nice fenced in backyard, plus a doggie flap door into my garage. Getting her a pet i.d. tag was the first step before I even picked her up.

Quad18star
01-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Beautiful dog . My mom's aunt used to have a whole bunch of them that she used to race ( sled dogs) ..... you gotta give the dog lots of excercise to burn off all the energy .

How old is she?

As far as being shy .. she'll settle in sooner or later ... it's a whole new environment for the dog right now.

IcutMetl
01-25-2010, 03:30 AM
I got her from the pound; she was a stray w/o a collar. They guessed at 4, but most likely younger.

She seems to be warming up bit by bit, and slept thru the night without any problems.