PDA

View Full Version : So who has been out of it as long as me?

madskrillz2
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm finally about to have my quad back together after what has been almost a year. I didn't realize it had been that long until I started thinking about it yesterday. Hah, I'm almost dreading the first time back out because I'm gonna be so out of shape.

kfx400rider03
01-24-2010, 03:05 PM
first things first what where you doing to your quad? total rebuild or something? pics?
and im dieing to ride and its only been 5 months for me.

bbender85
01-24-2010, 03:13 PM
i hear ya. i rode a couple times a week all summer, then decided to part my EX out early august... just got my first seat time on the LTR yesterday in the rain mud and snow.

crappy conditions or not, it was glorious. :D

quad2xtreme
01-24-2010, 03:16 PM
almost 7 months of not riding a track for me...PT twice a week since mid-October and home rehab 7 days a week...some days twice a day. All this for a torn labrum in the shoulder. Hopefully I don't dislocate it any more when landing from a jump (no wreck).

madskrillz2
01-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by kfx400rider03
first things first what where you doing to your quad? total rebuild or something? pics?
and im dieing to ride and its only been 5 months for me.

Total rebuild and it has been a work in progress because of school. Tuition always takes a tole on the quad funds. I could have some pics this weekend if I manage to get it together.

honda400ex2003
01-24-2010, 06:53 PM
sounds like you just need to get some more student loans. lol. good to hear you are back riding. i cant wait to go again next week, it has only been about 2.5 weeks. i played reflex all day today to stay sane for the week at school. lol. steve

kfx400rider03
01-24-2010, 07:31 PM
i dont know how you can play reflex to stay sain when i play i get pissed because if you hit a bump any wrong way on a quad you flip or crash:mad: .but dirtbikes are little bit easier on it. i always thought i was kinda good at the game until i played on xbox live :rolleyes:

and madskillz2 good luck hope if goes together good for ya and deffenetly wanna see pics when its done

400exrider69
01-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I've not rode anything besides our big slow heavy 4x4 sicne Nov 8 the last day i had a race then the next day my bike stuck wide open flew over a hiill did a couple flips no i'm rebuilding it in my room
feels like forever tho

madskrillz2
01-24-2010, 08:00 PM
i dont know how you can play reflex to stay sain when i play i get pissed because if you hit a bump any wrong way on a quad you flip or crash:mad: .but dirtbikes are little bit easier on it. i always thought i was kinda good at the game until i played on xbox live :rolleyes:

and madskillz2 good luck hope if goes together good for ya and deffenetly wanna see pics when its done

Yeah I definitely will do that. I should have some QOTM material
:D

honda400ex2003
01-24-2010, 08:32 PM

once i started getting the hang of it, it has become even better and better every time i play it. i am about 40 % of the way done right now. I havent done any freestyle or any of the truck only type stuff. I have just about all of the nationals, waypoint, and supercross stuff unlocked. i love the game, i havent tried it online yet, i like to think i am pretty good at it. lol. steve

Quad18star
01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
I haven't been on a sport quad since August 15th 2004 . :(

I never even used my Grizzly at all last summer ... and used it twice this winter to plow my driveway ... then it went back into hibernation until we get another snow storm. Good thing it's paid for , or it would be up for sale.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-24-2010, 10:41 PM
I just rode for the first time yesterday since October. I had the itch pretty bad. I couldn't imagine a year. I hear it on being out of shape. I rode around the mud sliding around and riding wheelies for about an hour and I had mad arm pump. Pretty pathetic!

shane071489
01-24-2010, 11:30 PM
havent really rode since summer and got on a track yesterday and like 2 laps i was winded i was like man its been awhile haha

ZBlaster
01-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Before March of 09 I had been out of the sport for over 2 years... Been riding/racing every single week since March and I'm still not in the shape I was before I stopped riding before.

JRP
01-25-2010, 10:56 AM
its been since june of 09 for me... And that was 1 ride, and before that it was 3 rides, then before that i was off for another 7 months... Soooo in like 15months i rode 4x =/ I got into the weights real hard, went from 165lbs to now, 220 lol. Im sketched about riding, my cardio is not the greatest and im bigger now, so i know i wont be able to move as good on the quad! lol Im taking both of them out, the ltr and 450r wednesday(off work and no class), start em up, and maybe ride them a little! If anyone wants a 450r, its an 05, fully mx built and brand new, more details, PM me!

Wills77
01-25-2010, 11:11 AM
been since july 09 for me and my quad is still apart... right after it broke i wrecked my truck then right when i fixed that the trans went out and everything that takes money keeps snowballing and my quad is still sitting in peices

400ex28
01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
october

madskrillz2
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by JRP
its been since june of 09 for me... And that was 1 ride, and before that it was 3 rides, then before that i was off for another 7 months... Soooo in like 15months i rode 4x =/ I got into the weights real hard, went from 165lbs to now, 220 lol. Im sketched about riding, my cardio is not the greatest and im bigger now, so i know i wont be able to move as good on the quad! lol Im taking both of them out, the ltr and 450r wednesday(off work and no class), start em up, and maybe ride them a little! If anyone wants a 450r, its an 05, fully mx built and brand new, more details, PM me!

I hear that. I haven't been trying to bulk just because I want to save what little but of cardio I have left. If I ever have to quit riding though, I'm definitely gonna strive to be a freakazoid. lol