PDA

View Full Version : YFZ VS big bore R?

tommygunnz
01-24-2010, 11:52 AM
have any of you guys ran against a big motor Honda 250R like a 370 motor or puma cylinder? I wanna build a HONDA that will spank my buddys built YFZ dont be rippin on me lets keep this from turning in to a rip session

ldjbuff
01-24-2010, 03:38 PM
I ride in the sand only, went up against a piped and ported 250r and just barely beat him up the hill.

I miss seeing all the 2 strokes.

tommygunnz
01-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ldjbuff
I ride in the sand only, went up against a piped and ported 250r and just barely beat him up the hill.

I miss seeing all the 2 strokes. I know a hooked up YFZ will beat a ported R but I want to know if any of you guys went against a big bore cylinder R but thanks anyway

Duf6
01-25-2010, 08:01 PM
i would like to see the results of a built 250R and built YFZ also

csr250r
01-28-2010, 08:31 AM
My old Sparks built 265 felt faster than my high compression yfz, but I never ran em against eachother. Im assuming the yfz will get it off the line though.

tommygunnz
01-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by csr250r
My old Sparks built 265 felt faster than my high compression yfz, but I never ran em against eachother. Im assuming the yfz will get it off the line though. I have a buddy with a YFZ that has a high compression piston running 110 and full HMF exaust.In about 100FT dirt drag I usually come about 2 bikes behind on my 87 powervalved quadracer which was ported by CT Racing,they did the head for 93 and bored it only 60 over also.I have 22 inch realtors on the back in great shape and they dont hook for ****! My stock rear sprocket was 42T and for some reason a previous owner put a 45T on!:confused: I think a 40T rear sprocket,20 inch holeshots and more headwork for 110 compression and Ill be able to take some wins and finally have this quad done so I can work on grabbing another R. A lot of people dont like quadracers (I didnt either)but one youve rode a built one you realize they are fast when done right

250r4life
01-28-2010, 02:11 PM
are we talking about a built trx 250r or a built lt250r? people have a hard enough time keeping stock lt's running let alone a built one...

what exactly are we calling a built YFZ? youre talking about a 250 with a bigger bore, porting, carb, higher compression, etc...
are we talking about a big bore YFZ, high compression piston, cam and valves, FCI, carb, porting, etc...?

i had a duncan 265 pv... and have an 06 with an fci, hmf, cam mod and dialed in right and i would venture to say it would take a 310 kit R to run with me...

people are always asking questions like these, and its so hard to tell as i race so many people that 1st and foremost cant ride the bike to its potential, and 2- dont have in dialed in right...

tommygunnz
01-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
are we talking about a built trx 250r or a built lt250r? people have a hard enough time keeping stock lt's running let alone a built one...

what exactly are we calling a built YFZ? youre talking about a 250 with a bigger bore, porting, carb, higher compression, etc...
are we talking about a big bore YFZ, high compression piston, cam and valves, FCI, carb, porting, etc...?

i had a duncan 265 pv... and have an 06 with an fci, hmf, cam mod and dialed in right and i would venture to say it would take a 310 kit R to run with me...

people are always asking questions like these, and its so hard to tell as i race so many people that 1st and foremost cant ride the bike to its potential, and 2- dont have in dialed in right... my current ride is a built quadracer,Im gonna do a 250R next to one up my buddys YFZ that has a full HMF exaust,high compression piston for 110,aluminum oil cooler and radiator.I am just wondering if you YFZ guys ran against a big bore R like 350cc's or more?

250r4life
01-29-2010, 02:10 PM
having gone the 250r route, i'll give you some advice that will save you a lot of money... just buy the YFZ...

youre going to have to do a lot more to the R to make it comparable to the YFZ, and the R is still going to be 21 years old at least... quads can only be beat on for so long, and the more you do to them the faster they wear out... especially when you double the HP they come with stock