PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP WITH 250r LSR HYBRID???

yz450hybrid
01-24-2010, 09:02 AM
i have a 250r geom. yz hybrid chassis and need to find out how i can get a skid plate for the frame?

I will be riding woods with it so its def. a necessity!!

Does lonestar sell them or did they ever?

Or is this just another do-it yourself project?

Let me know guys.. thanks

deathman53
01-24-2010, 12:29 PM
here, complete airbox solution also, swingarm skid plate also. I modified a 87-89 250r skid plate for mine. http://www.protectfabrications.com/

I used a plastic chassis skid plate on mine, it was bought on ebay some years ago. I had to do some drilling holes to be able to use the threaded holes in the bottom rails.

woodsracer144
01-24-2010, 04:09 PM
as far as a full chassis skid i would go to your local plastics shop or a place that does bed liners for dump trucks and get one of them i had some from my dads truck, it wore out at the one end and the front was still good do i just chopped off a chunk and made my self one... it was really strong! and then i just use the clamp that is used on the intake and clampped on it my chassis... i have a alum one also but i dont really want to sell it i think AC might make one... X factor might... i think alot of the people that make nerfs and bumpers will make them... but not all them...

liex21
01-25-2010, 07:18 AM
you could do it yourself also get cardboard and trace and cut how you want it to be then get a sheet metal thats around or thicker then the average skid..If you have all the tools it cant be that hard and could probably save you some coin.