PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Help

mkeane
01-24-2010, 06:49 AM
i have a 08 70 w/the yellow cdi. i want to take the starter kill switch battery etc. out. can anyone give me some direction on what i can and cannot remove. thanks

Nichols Atvs
01-24-2010, 06:57 AM
1- Take 2 wires (blk w/red & wht w/red) from the stator and plug them directly into CDI box (same color wires)

2- CDI wires (plug orange and black) Run orange wire to hot lead on coil and ground the black wire

3- The black wire left on the CDI goes to a ground

4- Make sure to run ground from engine to frame

If you have an aftermarket Kill Switch- Run 1 lead to ground and other wire to hot lead on coil. Be careful not to run hot lead on coil to wire on killswitch that runs to the metal exposed part of the killswitch.

5- Remove every thing else.

bulldogfallon
01-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Are you referring to the adjustable CDI box that is yellow?

If so, is it square or is the coil combo version?

We have installation directions on our website depending on which one you have.

The newer combo has an orange wire that is a dummy wire and not used..

mkeane
01-24-2010, 07:10 PM
its the yellow square one that is adjustable. i will look at your web site Gary. Thanks for the replies.

ToddL
01-27-2010, 11:57 AM
it's the adjustable CDI Gary, Mike has Travis'
old quad. He's Gotta leave battery right because it is DC ?

01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
No he dont have to leave the battery in he can wire from stator to cdi.

Reimer Racing
01-27-2010, 12:14 PM
I would leave the battery in. Hooking diriectly to the stator is taking a chance with those boxes. The stator voltage could "spike" and zap the box. At wide open throttle the box only draws .384 Milli amps. You can go all weekend with out charging the battery.

If you start to hear the motor miss on top end after riding for awhile the battery might need to be charged.