PDA

View Full Version : 92 trail boss switch ? throttle

Regal200021
01-24-2010, 04:43 AM
hey guys not sure where to post this one ... but i picked up a 92 trail boss 250 2x4 the other night ... and it will not idle ... so after cleaning the carb putting it back on many times ... i took the throttle box ? apart there where two wire that ran in to it witha little switch so when the throttle is closed it will kill the motor ... with the switch out it idles fine no problems so

dose any one have a clue what that switch is i have looked for about two days and have gotten nothing ... its a red/with white striped wire and a white wire ... no clue gets lost in the wireing loom in the bike ... any help would be great ... i would run it with out the switch but dont want to mess up some thing thanks

Regal

backlash
01-24-2010, 08:10 AM
I am not familiar with that particular model, however what you have described sounds a lot like an ETC switch. It's designed to kill the motor if the throttle cable breaks. On my particular model (99 sportsman 500), it does this by sending a ground signal to the CDI box. I would NOT recommend bypassing this switch.