PDA

View Full Version : Bed Covers

jesseweaver
01-23-2010, 09:18 PM
im trying to find a cover for my 99 silverado, and i have no idea what i want. i like the hardtop tri-folds but they are pretty expensive. i could get a cheap tarp with the snaps along the side from a guy i work with. :ermm: what are the pros and cons of different types?

extremeblastr
01-23-2010, 09:59 PM
i've always been a fan of the extang soft covers and they are the only ones i'll reccomend

312R1
01-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
i've always been a fan of the extang soft covers and they are the only ones i'll reccomend

Same here..I have one on my F-150 and love it.

dns1764
01-24-2010, 07:17 AM
i have an extang soft for my f150 an i hate it. it has the reversible buttons to put it on in cold weather but they dont work. it has to be at least 60 degrees to get the thing on. go with the trifold.

bustedknuckle
01-24-2010, 08:15 AM
call henlys truck center 1-800-433-5969 i went with truxedo.it has bars,across,and velcro.hold down.the velcro has a lifetime warrenty.no snaps, it also fits flush with the bed it looks great. fits tight no wind flap it rolls up,real nice.also went with covers on the sides. they have a big catalog with lots of stuff.

bustedknuckle
01-24-2010, 09:37 AM
call henlys truck center 1-800-433-5969 i went with truxedo.it has bars,across,and velcro.hold down.the velcro has a lifetime warrenty.no snaps, it also fits flush with the bed it looks great. fits tight no wind flap it rolls up,real nice.also went with covers on the sides. they have a big catalog with lots of stuff.

honda400ex2003
01-24-2010, 12:25 PM
truxedo would be my choice. they work really nice and are easy to roll up and back. they latch shut too from inside. so you know they wont come loose and blow around. steve

Unverfehrt400ex
01-24-2010, 02:36 PM
I would recomend a soft top over a hard top. It works great for keeping things hidden and dry in the back of the truck but when you need to haul something large it only takes about 10 seconds to roll it up. i dont think I could own a truck without having one anymore.

I had a truxedo soft top cover on my old truck and it was very nice but after about 3 years the latch wore out and was hard to keep it latched down. On my new truck i have an access roll up cover and love it. the truxedo and access covers are a lil expensive but your paying for what ya get. they are top of the line. I would sugest velcro over the snaps any day. It's just much easier and quicker to roll up.

jesseweaver
01-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Unverfehrt400ex
I would recomend a soft top over a hard top. It works great for keeping things hidden and dry in the back of the truck but when you need to haul something large it only takes about 10 seconds to roll it up. i dont think I could own a truck without having one anymore.

I had a truxedo soft top cover on my old truck and it was very nice but after about 3 years the latch wore out and was hard to keep it latched down. On my new truck i have an access roll up cover and love it. the truxedo and access covers are a lil expensive but your paying for what ya get. they are top of the line. I would sugest velcro over the snaps any day. It's just much easier and quicker to roll up.

yea my friend has one of those with the velcro and its pretty nice. ill have my bike in the back a lot so it would be nice to have something that rolls up. how hard is it to take the hard top tri folds off?