PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for Iowa racers.

oynot400
01-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Well sorry guys I got some bad news for all you guys that race Waterloo's Cattle Congress series. There will be no more races there. :(
I have heard 2 different stories. One, Shaver Motorsports is broke because of an accident at the Jones Co Fair last July when an 18 year old Jared Gasman was killed on the race track. It was his first race ever.
The other story I heard was that Shaver Motorsports bought into the IMX arena in Farley and did not want to 2 tracks competing against each other.
I have been trying to get ahold of Bob to get some answers and see if there is anything we can do. However it does not sound good. It is a shame because the track was always in good condition and the people that run it were always top notch professional people.
I will post more when I get a hold of Bob.
I does sound like IMX in Farley is going to allow quads to race the outdoor track this summer. It is still unclear if we will be allowed for the indoor series. Only time will tell. :rolleyes:

Nausty
02-03-2003, 10:17 PM
man I hope they don't close down. That place was the 1st track i've ever raced at on dirt bikes and quads. Not only that but thats the only track I actually know and do good at. I sure hope it will stay open.

oynot400
02-04-2003, 06:17 AM
I have been trying to get ahold of Bob Shaver with no luck. The rumor I hear in the pits at the Arena Cross races was someone else wants to take it over. :macho It just has to get passed by the Cattle Congress board. I don't think it will be a problem since Cattle Congress is hurting for money. The races has to produce quite a bit of money for them. As soon as I hear more I will let you know. Just think race season is only a couple months away! :devil