PDA

View Full Version : Once again the results of a 450R carb vs. stock

zrpilot
01-23-2010, 04:35 PM
I am posting this for my good friend Tri5Ron.

this is an actual dyno run that Tri5Ron did comparing the 450R carb to stock, on an internally stock motor. Is shows a 2+ HP power output gain and less drop in HP as the RPMs increase.

Thanks for all the good information my friend.

honda400ex2003
01-23-2010, 04:38 PM
good to see that dyno again. did you get some more spacers made? I am assuming you are getting them done with an update to the carb stuff. lol. steve

zrpilot
01-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
good to see that dyno again. did you get some more spacers made? I am assuming you are getting them done with an update to the carb stuff. lol. steve

No Steve they are all gone, and I am not making anymore. I need people to commit to purchasing them before making any more.

honda400ex2003
01-23-2010, 04:57 PM
oh i thought that you had some commit on the other thread. it sounded like you had some interest. I know i cant wait to finish getting mine set up to see how it really runs. I just have it close for the winter now. steve

tri5ron
01-24-2010, 11:15 PM
:D :D works for me :D :D
thanks for all your help ZR

hypersnyper6947
01-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Pretty sweet. Glad to see your still lurking around here every now and then zrpilot

bkelley
01-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by zrpilot
No Steve they are all gone, and I am not making anymore. I need people to commit to purchasing them before making any more. I'm gonna need one here in a few weeks.

childert79
01-25-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm needing one now. If you give me you're paypal I'll send the money.

wrtmopar70
01-25-2010, 09:20 AM
also interested in a adapter
are you going to be taking any orders?

tri5ron
01-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Hahaha !!!
Hey ZR,...
Can you say.... Opened up a Can 'o Worms ?!?!?!
HAHAHAHAHA !!!
Guess you better start takin' some of those orders, and get another run going.

I feel for ya man ! :blah:

But seriously guys, for those of you who are asking ZR to get some more of these made for you...
You have to understand that it takes alot of his time, and there is something like a 50 piece minimum order, that he has to place with the Machine Shop.
otherwise, the cost of producing them is too high.

I'm sure you guys can get him to make one last run of these adapters if at least 20 or so of them are on order,...
from you guys,...
IN ADVANCE.

BUT KEEP IN MIND...
ZRPILOT is doing this out of the goodness of his heart, and his comitment to promoting our sport, and the drive to improve the performance of our machines.

He is in no way making a killing on this, and it is ALOT of work.
As well, there is a significant level of overhead cost's that he has to put up the cash for.
On top of all of that,... There is also some LEAD TIME to consider, with the machine shop.
This means, that if you commit to buying one of these adapters, You are on your HONOR, that you WILL follow through, and PAY for what you have asked for.
Not to just Change your Mind later on.

You must ALSO realize, that it is NOT going to be in your mailbox in 2 weeks.
It takes time to get the order placed, and for the shop to make time in their schedual, to produce a run of these.

So my point is, if you want one of these adapters, and you commit to BUY one of these adapters,....
YOU MUST be Patient, and not go flamming him when you dont have it in 2 or 3 weeks.

I will say, that if that WAS to happen,
and some bonehead WAS to start bashing him,
I would not be very happy about it,
I would not look to kindly on it,
and I would not be willing to help anyone with their questions
on how to improve or modify their quads later on, no matter what the subject matter was.

ZR is a stand up guy, and he has helped MANY of us here, to get our quads, to the top of their performance abilities.

So just keep that in mind,
and as our parents always said to us as kids.....
"Play NICE, or Don't Play at all".

If you guys can be happy with that,...
Then just MAYBE you can talk him into making another run of these fine adapters.

There, I said it.

-Ron

Duf6
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
If ZR does not make any more fuel customs makes an intake kit for the 450r with a high flow air tube and filter and comes an adapter like that, you would use with no air box or adapt an air box to it but it's supposed to work really well with 450 carb but also it costs $219

2007TRX400EX
01-25-2010, 05:10 PM
what does the adapter do, or what is it for?

childert79
01-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I completely understand that and am willing to pay in advance that way he doesn't have to shell out the cash and hope i don't back out on him.

bigd's ex
01-25-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

tri5ron
01-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 2007TRX400EX
what does the adapter do, or what is it for? the adapters are a nice compliment for adapting a 450r carb to a trx400ex engine. ZR's adapters are top notch, and make the installation much easier for the stock OEM 400ex airbox boot, and intake manifold boot to fit onto the 450r carb, and prevent the problem of needing to relocate the airbox.

go read about it in the sticky threads at the top of the 400ex forums by Pappy. Lots of good information there for many of the popular mods that many of us has done.

bkelley
01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
A 450r carb with ZR's adapter will accommodate the 426 kit I will be installing perfectly. I can't wait.

By the why, what do you guys think my EX will be putting to the ground with a Wiseco 10:1 88mm piston, Magnum stage 2 cam and 450r carb?

CJM
01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Curious, what metal did you make the adapters out of?

tri5ron
01-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by bkelley
A 450r carb with ZR's adapter will accommodate the 426 kit I will be installing perfectly. I can't wait.

By the why, what do you guys think my EX will be putting to the ground with a Wiseco 10:1 88mm piston, Magnum stage 2 cam and 450r carb? 32-35hp if properly jetted, and this is assuming you have a good flowing header/can, A/F, and valves are properly adjusted.