PDA

View Full Version : FMF Powerbomb...Worth it ?

y2k400ex
01-22-2003, 08:19 AM
I see that alot of people are using the FMF Power Bomb Header, I'm thinking about getting one. Are they worth it and what kind of power gains are you getting ?

01-22-2003, 08:34 AM
some will say yes it is some will so no its not worth it... It gives powergains from 1 - 2.5 HP on a dyno and you'll feel the difference yourself once you put it on and change your pilot jet and adjust your airscrew.. Is it worth $200 I dont' know...If you spent over $250 on your slip on and were happy with the results then you'll be happy with the results of the powerbong..:D

y2k400ex
01-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Rico
did you have that coated inside too or just the outside ?

01-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by y2k400ex
Rico
did you have that coated inside too or just the outside ?

From lookin inside the ends of the pipe it's coated all the way thru..:)

YZROOSTINYA
01-22-2003, 01:02 PM
I dont beleive that you want to coat the inside of the powerbomb because of the stainless mesh which is the "bomb" part that deadens the sound. If you coat the inside it would basically fill all the gaps which would make it not do what it is supposed to do.

what you are seeing is prob a lite coating to cover the tips. otherwise you kinda defeated the purpose.

Also what is the thickness of the high temp coating. i was thinking about getting my head pipe done so it would fill the gap better between the muffler and the header

400exNH
01-22-2003, 01:11 PM
yes coating the chamber will ruin the BOMB!

01-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Well there webpage says you have to pay extra to have the inside done and I didn't pay extra,,so i guess it's just what sprayed up inside. I'm not really worried about it changing the sound either..cuz it's as loud as a TC racing pipe right now.

Thickness YZroostin..not very much man,,at least you can't see it with the naked eye..