PDA

View Full Version : 250r fuel mixture

jimbo1073
01-23-2010, 02:06 PM
what ratio should i be mixing my fuel? 24:1, 32:1 or 50:1? i know it says 24:1 on the tank. guy i bought it from said 32:1 but that was with a different cylinder. amzoil oil bottle label that i use says 50:1. i have stock compression and porting.

woodsracer144
01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
most people run a 32-1... i've ran 50-1 ams racing oil in my blaster for a year straight and i didnt have a singel problem... but it was designed for it to be that lean, i sitck about 32-1 to 36/40-1 with the regular ams.... they had it it at 20-1 way back in the day...

IcutMetl
01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
You are going to get a TON of different opinions on here on mixture ratio, and even more opinions on "what premix oil is best." Oils today are of much better quality and protection level than the days when our 250r's were built and 20:1 ratio was recommended.

Amsoil may say to run 50:1 and there are a lot of guys out there who have great luck with it; for me personally, 50:1 is a bit outside my comfort zone. I bet if you took a poll of every time that question has been asked, every discussion had, every opinion given, and averaged them all out, you'd probably come out with something around 32:1. I use an oil made by Klotz called Super Techniplate; it's a mix of 80% Synthetic and 20% castor oil...popular stuff on the 250r forums, and it seems to work awesome for me- I mix it on the heavy side of 40:1. I've done a lot of searching, and haven't come up with any concrete data that says that LESS oil in the mixture gives any hp advantage (assuming correct jetting of course); on the contrary, I have heard that if it has an effect, it's in the other direction. On our motors, jetting plays a BIG BIG role in how reliable they are and the way the motor runs overall- probably more so than the mix ratio of oil

Don't skimp on the quality of the oil either; even the most expensive oil is still cheap insurance.