PDA

View Full Version : FMF gnarly installation problems..

atvmxr
01-23-2010, 01:29 PM
got a basket case 87 that I am getting close to haveing back together. came with a slightly used FMF gnarly pipe and silencer. trying to put it on, but it just wont fit..

questions:
the flange that bolts to the cylinder seems to stuck to the headpipe. Is that normal for FMF? it rotates freely, but will not budge any when trying to pull it out.

So I installed the headpipe/flange assembly. as I rotate it around to line up with the spring location, the end of the head pipe moves up and down and is hitting the frame and keeping the head pipe from being able to rotate around. no clue whats going on with this

Lastly, the main pipe does not seem able to slide between the frame rails, the stinger is hitting the shock, and the other end is hitting the headpipe. it just will not line up to connect to the head pipe no matter what I do. I have no clue what the problem is, any ideas?

01-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Post some pics. I don't remember FMF ever making the Gnarly for the 250R, just the Fatty, Rev, and SST. I think the only ones they make now are the Fatty and the SST.

atvmxr
01-23-2010, 10:05 PM
well I *****ed with it some more. put the main pipe in place first and then the headpipe/flange combo... its slowly coming around.

of course 2 years ago I had a great stock carb. now when I put the fuel to it, fuel is pouring out of misc vent hoses and the choke is stuck open.. such fun:)