PDA

View Full Version : X-33 axle

LONG-ROD
01-23-2010, 08:50 AM
any one have any issues with the pin attachment on this axle.

extremetrucker
01-23-2010, 09:15 AM
they tend to get a little wobbly if they get loose, they wear, just keep them tight and put the hubs on with a little dab of nev-r-sieze so if it does happen to work loose, you dont wear everything out. everyone hates durablue, but i had nothing but great luck with my x-33 i think it being hollow promotes flex, and prevents breaking.

250rPRIDE
01-24-2010, 12:05 PM
i know you have to torgue them to a spec and keep an eye on them but i am unsure what that is.

mfr422
01-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I bought one of those pieces of s@&*% when they first came out, I had a hub come loose while riding and before I got back to the truck it split in half, the only thing holding it together was the wheel!! Oh ya, did I mention I woods ride, no jumping. Anyway I call them up thinkin no big deal this thing has lifetime warranty, they inform me it's only on the axle tube but at the time that's not what their warranty stated and I pointed that out and also the fact that the x-33 was twice the price of any other axle.
Long story short I bought new hubs from them at cost (what a deal) and sold that thing to the next sucker! I see now their warranty is changed to note only the axle shaft is covered so they can make more money after they sucker you. having bolts instead of splines is stupid and won't last.

Moral of the story DURABLUE SUCKS!! and doesn't stand behind their products. spend your money elsewhere.

extremetrucker
01-24-2010, 07:22 PM
tell us how you really feel lol just playin, i agree that durablue has the chittiest "lifetime" warranty, but i never had any problems with the one i had. and they are pricey.

mfr422
01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Ya the only reason I bought it was for the warranty, the adjustability was nice, but not worth buying hubs all the time!:D

250rPRIDE
01-25-2010, 01:04 PM
did you torque the hub bolts? i have a x-33 and had a hub go because i just put them on wrenched them on and rode... but after i blew one up i torqued the next set and they have been fine ever since.. i dont know, ya win some and loose some i guess. but if i where to buy a new one i am sure this wouldnt be at the top of the list....

atvmxr
01-25-2010, 01:29 PM
have no problems with the X-33 I have. other than I snapped an allen wrench trying to undo the bolts to change the hubs. a better tool from sears solved that :macho

jcs003
01-25-2010, 03:02 PM
i had one on a banshee years ago and bent it in a few rides. sold it and got a lonestar. the crome gets bad after a while but i rarely see LSR bent or broken.

mfr422
01-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Hubs were torqued, when I called them about the warranty, they told me they had an UPDATED hub available because they knew they were weak! Seems to me, you do your r&d before you release a product to the public. I suppose they have better hubs now but I never really liked the pin attachment anyway.

LONG-ROD
01-25-2010, 07:01 PM
well that tells me I'm not going buy this axle..