PDA

View Full Version : Carb fit-up problem

troybilt
01-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Does anyone have a reed spacer they's sell? I'm running a Rad valve and 35 A/S carb and the boot bw. the 2 is too short. Or do you have any other simple fixes? Thanks.
T

250rPRIDE
01-23-2010, 07:08 AM
i have a couple spacers troy.. let me check the next time i got to my shop. i will measure them for you too. i think i have 2 different sizes..

troybilt
01-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Thanks for checking, its about 1/4" to 1/2" too short .

I was running a 38 A/S prior and the boot for it had a larger opening on the carb site, but when I went to the 35, it is the same as the stock carb and thus the boot was too short. I was wondering if a Banshee boot would be longer?

gandgracing
01-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Sweet looking side cover.

skyhighatv
01-23-2010, 12:58 PM
If i remember correctly i had to move my airbox forward for some fitment/clearence issues. I also remember other guys doing this with roll frames and custom intake set ups.Just another option.

mfr422
01-23-2010, 07:48 PM
another option similar to skyhigh is to machine an airbox ring longer to move your boot forward, my buddy did this on his 86 because the top of his carb was hitting the frame. Then you wouldn't have to hack on anything or use a reed spacer. Roost On!!:D

matt250r21
01-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I have a Hinson reed spacer I will sell cheap. PM me if anyone needs one.

250rPRIDE
01-24-2010, 11:53 AM
sorry troy dont wait on me.. i went to my shop and could only find one of my spacers and its about 3/8" mabe a 16th less but its not a nice one its a thin type of aluminium and when i laid it flat on the bench it wasnt sitting flat..it may flaten out fine when bolted on, but who knows??
so for as nice as all your things are i am sure you wouldnt want it, i was just going to give it to you but i dont think its worth shipping it.. let me know if you want it you can have it but i would check on something nicer for a sweet build like that..

troybilt
01-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 250rPRIDE
sorry troy dont wait on me.. i went to my shop and could only find one of my spacers and its about 3/8" mabe a 16th less but its not a nice one its a thin type of aluminium and when i laid it flat on the bench it wasnt sitting flat..it may flaten out fine when bolted on, but who knows??
so for as nice as all your things are i am sure you wouldnt want it, i was just going to give it to you but i dont think its worth shipping it.. let me know if you want it you can have it but i would check on something nicer for a sweet build like that..

No worries. TL250r has got me fixed up with one right now. If this is not the right thickness I may be checking back again.

Thanks all!!

MossboysRacing
01-24-2010, 05:20 PM
I have a brand new pro-design 1/2 reed spacer. i bolted it on and then never used it. just let me know

troybilt
01-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Does anyone make a longer boot? I have CR boot for my 38 and its the same length as the stock just different diameters, I was wondering if like a KX or Banshee boot would be longer... just curious.

Thanks, T

woodsracer144
01-24-2010, 06:13 PM
you wan from the reeds to the carb boot or from the carb to the air box? if you want from the reeds to the carb i think you could go to a stock car shop or a car or truck semi store and they should have some tubing that would work for you just have to get it cut the right length, i had to get a big chuck of hose from a cat to make it work on my custom no link intake that i had...