PDA

View Full Version : high polished side cases

anywhereEx
01-22-2003, 05:57 AM
For everyone that has high polished side cases what do you use besides Never Dull to keep the shine on them? When I use never dull on mine it dull's the shine real bad.

CBW
01-22-2003, 07:43 AM
heavy metal polish www.heavymetalpolish.com

found it at sandfest 2000 and its the best stuff I have ever used.

I havent "polished" this stuff for months.......serioulsy

anywhereEx
01-22-2003, 07:48 AM
I will have to give it a try.

Thanks

Ex_Rider43
01-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS

LOL you havent 'RIDE' this 400 for months too I Bet

OutlawEX
01-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52

LOL:D

CBW
01-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52

:confused: :confused: Not LOL.........

since when does something have to look like a piece of $**T to be ridden. I ride about every day....i have about 40 acres and can ride right out the shop anytime i want day or night..(cept i dont have headlights anymore :D )...and on the weekends i go to a town about an hour from me and ride in the sand washes. Just cause i dont have GOBS of MUD on the bike or broken pieces, or oil all over it doesnt mean it isnt ridden.

So yeah,,,,,,,,i took a bit of offence and i vented.......but until you come ridding with me each night.......DONT accuse me of not ridding ...........K:blah

RideRed04
01-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Good lord its dirty!!! The best part of that pic is that if you washed the tires off, you would be pretty much clean...lol. I can still see myself in the sidecover! Your quad owns me chris:devil

kicken250x
01-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS
heavy metal polish www.heavymetalpolish.com

found it at sandfest 2000 and its the best stuff I have ever used.

So if you havent polished them in months then what have you been doing to keep it looking like that? When I went to Uary(sp?) national forest back at the end of the summer my case covers were freshly polished. When I got back and pressure washed everything it was almost like the metal had pitted a little bit and it had black spots in it. I couldnt use mothers to get it out so I had to go back and polish it again. What could have caused this? Thanks alot!

Extremeracer167
01-24-2003, 12:13 PM
that does look like some high quality stuff. I use stuff called Zephyr Pro 40, and it works REALLY well. Ill post some pics of some stuff ive done. If u check out my post in the powertrain section with the PJR box, its what we use to polish all of our stuff.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42434&highlight=Bling

fast330ex
01-24-2003, 09:53 PM
chris waters
what kind of polish( fine,medium........)
Did you just put the polish on the cases or did you use some kind of buffer first

Woodsrider
01-24-2003, 11:01 PM
OMG! Chris I had to save that pic! That is the dirtiest I will probably ever see your 400:D

CBW
01-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by fast330ex
chris waters
what kind of polish( fine,medium........)
Did you just put the polish on the cases or did you use some kind of buffer first

i stripped them,,,,,,,smoothed all the casting marks out of them,,,,,and then smoothed some more.........then put them on the buffer,,,,,,tripoli first and then white rouge,,,,,,,,,,,,and now i just maintain it every so often...........

go to www.eastwoodcompany.com

and soggy,,,,,,,,,,

yep thats about as bad as it gets:D :p

luvmyex
01-25-2003, 07:47 PM
Chris, man dont you ever wash that nasty thing???:D

fast330ex
01-26-2003, 03:12 PM
Which one did you use I don't see no tripile or white rouge

I see utral fine,medium,coarse abrasive

Chris Waters

CBW
01-26-2003, 09:00 PM
Which one did you use I don't see no tripile or white rouge

I see utral fine,medium,coarse abrasive

Chris Waters

on which web site:confused: :confused:

the white rouge, tripoli, etc is on the eastwood site..........

but if you are talking the heavy metal to maintain the buffed material i use white which is fine and very rarely i use the green which is medium abrasive.

fast330ex
01-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Chris Waters THANKS!!!!!!!

WHat do you use the medium for?

CBW
01-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Chris Waters THANKS!!!!!!!

WHat do you use the medium for?

I use it mainly for the hard water spots i get in the beadlocks once in a while where i may not have dried it good enough

fast330ex
01-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Chris Waters THANKS AGAIN

300EXrider02
01-29-2003, 10:54 AM
stop picken of chris:mad: :D :D , hey chrsi could you do some polishing for me? or should i go to the papster, jsut wondering cause pappy looks like he has a lot to do, and wouldnt mind given you some bis. :D , like how much for some small parts, with a clear coat, and maybe even some pcing! i got a list, so tell me if your intrested! thanks, where abouts are you?? just wanna know about shipping, casue then if your close i could send some bigger things:D :D

KrazyKid300ex
01-29-2003, 03:17 PM
how much did you say for side cases???? muhaha:devil :devil :devil . i think i have to have some engine bling soon!

CBW
01-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
stop picken of chris:mad: :D :D , hey chrsi could you do some polishing for me? or should i go to the papster, jsut wondering cause pappy looks like he has a lot to do, and wouldnt mind given you some bis. :D , like how much for some small parts, with a clear coat, and maybe even some pcing! i got a list, so tell me if your intrested! thanks, where abouts are you?? just wanna know about shipping, casue then if your close i could send some bigger things:D :D

well iam definately not close to ya.............i am in Colorado Zip 81323. I can always do stuff. It just depends on if you like the pricing or not,,,,,,,,and papy is a lot closer to alot of you.

But if anyone wants stuff done just pm me