PDA

View Full Version : Complete Shame

SIDCON
01-21-2010, 11:26 PM
I just want to say its a complete shame Cannondale's didnt make it and went out of biz. These are the best darn quads ever made, the technology was so far advanced with these and still is today. I just feel so disappointed on how great this company was for the sport, they didnt just push the envelope, they tore it to pieces. Imagine if they were still here with a 2010 model!!! I cant even imagine. Ok, I feel a little better with venting. Thanks

yfzttracer76
01-22-2010, 01:47 PM
agreed

RTJ
01-25-2010, 11:05 PM
IDN much about the cdales but isn't the ATK kinda the same. if not excuse my lack of knowledge but i can't learn if i don't ask:confused:

Brad77
01-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by RTJ
IDN much about the cdales but isn't the ATK kinda the same. if not excuse my lack of knowledge but i can't learn if i don't ask:confused:

The ATK quads are indeed rebadged Cannondales. ATK got the bulk of inventory that Cannondale had at their factory in PA. Then kinda started the assembly line up again. ATK does some updates on them although I honestly cannot say what they do to them because I have never dealt with ATK. I bought my Cannondales way back in the day.

RTJ
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
THANKS
BRAD77

coryatver
01-26-2010, 01:21 PM
have you guys seen the new highland quad that uses the cannondale frame?

http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=EF1E7275A01745AAA41D9793FCF25626

SIDCON
01-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Do they manufacture all the parts or just put together what they have and when they are all gone there gone. This is great news if they are actually making them and advancing them. I found a cannondale speed locally for $1600 that's in real good shape but I don't want to buy it if someday can't get parts or suport.

RosquistRacer39
01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Those bikes look sick. I hope that its true I would like to see that bike on the track.

2000ex
01-27-2010, 05:26 AM
ATK did not really "produce" any parts on their own. They are basically using inventory left and assembling the machines with Cannondale parts.

SIDCON
01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
do you know if they plan on manufacturing the parts for these. I wonder what their plans are after they have none left. Might hurt their sales if people think its just a short life ATV. I just cant believe how advanced this ATV is and how fast the company failed. Reversed ports, indy style cassette transmission, FI, strongest aluminum frame. All this years before any other company even had a thought of it. KTM should have bought the company out when they had the chance.

witech
01-28-2010, 05:07 AM
When the company ran out of funds and the creditors shut them down they were actually starting to turn a profit. At the time of closing there were mostly enough parts to build a couple thousand more machines. Only several hundred extra frames though. These parts were auctioned off and are floating around everywhere. ATK got most of them. That why the those of us who have realized this have had it so good for all these years. The market is flooded with replacement and aftermarket parts which also keeps the cost of those parts so low. For example you can buy new valves for less than $10 each, full sets of new red plastic can be had for way less than $100. OEM piston, ring and drop in sleeve kits were around $100.
The only items that still go for high dollars are the items that came on the Moto and Blaze like the shocks,exhaust,steering dampeners,ect. Parts that can also be used on other brands.
As far as the highland atv if they start to produce them they would have to come up with a cost effective chassis as the Dale chassis alone unless farmed out to china would cost more to produce than you can buy new jap quads for. They were a labor intensive work of welding art. Extremely strong and durable to stand the test of time.

SIDCON
01-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Im thinking about selling my LTR450 and picking up that mint Speed for only $1600. Only thing is Id have to learn how to fix it myself. So you guys think I could still find any part I would need in the next few years?

2000ex
01-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Parts are plentiful for the most part and quite inexpensive.

hybrid.mx.11
01-29-2010, 11:43 PM
got a cannondale swing-arm leme know if anyone wants it shoot me a price it is bare no carrier in good condition has rubber like skid plate