PDA

View Full Version : YFZ-R questions

One_Bad_400
01-21-2010, 10:53 PM
REALLY been wanting to build a YFZ-R. just have a few questions.

Are the Frames cracking? at all?

i've seen some bikes with Fox Evols on stock arms. are the stock arms full LT. or would you get more travel switching arms?

any other major problems?

any more questions and i'll post.

woodside83
01-22-2010, 07:22 AM
i have had no problems with the frame cracking and i do freestyle with it and raced on it love it in stock form. yes it is longtravle shocks front and rear. and once you get the shocks set up for you they are perfect.

400grl
01-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Agreed - haven't really heard any frame cracking issues....and I still run my stock shocks as well. The stock suspension on those quads is amazing.....

BlasterBTW
01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
REALLY been wanting to build a YFZ-R. just have a few questions.

Are the Frames cracking? at all?

i've seen some bikes with Fox Evols on stock arms. are the stock arms full LT. or would you get more travel switching arms?

any other major problems?

any more questions and i'll post.

I've beat the hell out of my YFZR for a season so....

Yes - Down where the steering stem bolts to the bottom frame rail. No big problems, just small stress cracks.
Otherwise this frame is awesome. No problems whatsoever with the aluminum part.

No major probelms. Just little things to watch out for.
1. ECU is in the rear and will be damaged if rear ended just right.
2. There is a possibility you can fry your coil. Depends how you hook up your killswitch.

Overall this bike is my by far my favorite out of my past 2 YFZ's and LTR. It has held up to alot of punishment in the past year.

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 12:18 PM
buy one...i have two... i love the first one i bought ...so i bought a second one for mx/backup.

as far as the 2 probs....see my thread to relocate ecu...and just buy the gytr kill switch that comes with a fool proof harness...its 40 bucks shipped on ebay...a regular kill switch is 35...so your not out anything...