PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know Video Cameras?

JLanphear
01-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Anyway, I am in the market for a MiniDV cam...Sounds easy enough...Well, I'm on a limited budget for now. The max I can spend is $400-$500 (the cheaper the better). I know this is deffinatly on the cheap side of these cameras so that makes it really hard for me to decide because there are a lot in this price range. Unfortunatly there is a fine line between a crap camera and a good one.

Basically I am looking for the best I can get for the money...I want to find something without all of the bells and whistles. Transitions, and features like that mean nothing to me, and the only thing that matters is the important stuff like the Zoom, Picture Quality, and Firewire capability (which most seem to have I guess). I also like the feature of being able to go frame by frame right on the camera...not sure if this is common or not because I know pretty much nothing about this stuff.

If somebody could give me some suggestions I would really appreciate it...I understand that I'm not going to get the best at anything because of my limited budget, but I hope I can get something decent.

Thank you for reading.

-Josh

02Yellow400
01-21-2003, 11:19 PM
Hey....I just bought my G/F a Digital Camera for Christmas.. For the money you are looking to spend let me make you a suggestion. Panasoni makes a really really nice Mini DV camera.
Its got a 700x digital zoom and fits in the palm of your hand. I did all the research on this stuff around christmas time and this camera was the one i found to be the best priced and the most user friendly. Here is a link so you can get an idea of what it looks like and where to but i because the prices vary from 475 - 700 for the camera depending on where you shop.

http://www.videodirect.com/panasonic/digitalcc/pvdc152.html?source=dov

Let me just give you the model number on the camera incase that link doesnt work...Its a Panasonic PV-DC152. If you Search that in yahoo you can find the camera easily..

Hope i helped

JLanphear
01-22-2003, 02:13 PM
Thank you...I'll check that out and see if I can find some online reviews of it!!!

-Josh