PDA

View Full Version : burgard ball joints

johnnynonails
01-21-2010, 12:50 PM
hi all,ive left a post in the burgard forum,but i dont know how often that gets looked at.
some one asked what ball joints they used for there a arms,and they replied volkswagon,i just want to know what model there from,and what year.as im in the uk,shipping ball joint here would be just to expensive,so i thought if i had the model,i could trace some over here at a auto parts shop,if any one has any thoughts i'd be glad to hear them. many thanks john

extremetrucker
01-21-2010, 02:54 PM
last time i ordered some i got them for a 74 beetle right hand side.

extremetrucker
01-21-2010, 02:55 PM
vw tie rod ends, not vw ball joints, in case u didnt know

johnnynonails
01-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by extremetrucker
vw tie rod ends, not vw ball joints, in case u didnt know
yes sorry,slip of the tongue,thanks.74 beetle does it have to be the right hand side ?

extremetrucker
01-21-2010, 03:14 PM
i believe the right hand side had the right hand thread, the part number should have the letters RH or at leas R in them, and that is the "code" for right hand thread

johnnynonails
01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
so the beetle tie rods are handed,so if i order 4 right hand tie rods,they will do both sides of my a arms,upper and lower.thanks john

extremetrucker
01-21-2010, 03:37 PM
just the ends, you dont need the whole tie rod assembly. im sure someone can verify this, but thats what i ordered one time, otherwise you can call laeger, lonestar, houser, jd, pretty much everyones older styles all used this joint, a 14mm shank