PDA

View Full Version : part out idea

brewster426
01-20-2010, 09:40 PM
a guy i work with works on fourwheelers on the side. he was working on a 2000 400ex that someone said wouldnt run. well the guy apparently ran alcohol with enough gas mixture to make it run. it looks like it severely leaned out and "BURNT" up. the bike has a bent steering stem and the top end is shot along with the head. i was wondering if it would be worth my time to buy it for 300 dollars and part it out. its has a full lrd exhaust i think, and new tires all the way around, and the bottom end is still good. just an idea i was tossing around in my head. i appreciate the input

honda300EXtreme
01-21-2010, 12:11 AM
you could definatley make money if you could get it for 300.

hell, the frame and the exhaust would put you over the 300 mark.

you just have to think about your shipping costs, and shipping supplies.

and on a mostly stock bike it will take some time to get things gone. it could take a few months, or it could take longer. but if you have the patience id say go for it

i have parted out alot of quads and there is money to be made. you just have to decide if you want to deal with all the hassle.

thats my opinion

Rscarpantonio
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM
hell if you dont buy it tell me ill come and get it i got a whole nother motor and enough spare parts to build another bike :)

lester985
01-21-2010, 11:46 AM
i will buy it too

brewster426
01-21-2010, 04:23 PM
i think im gonna get it. im gonna do a cr250 or 250r swap on my 400 here pretty soon so i might wait and try to sell everything at once. what do u guys think my 426 motor is worth. it smokes just a little when i rev it up really high. i think its just getting by in the head though. the dummy i bought it from stripped out 2 valve cover bolts. so that prolly has something to do with it