PDA

View Full Version : Gaerne boots? SG12 or SG10?

motohanks
01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
I am planning on getting new boots for next season and I was unsure of which level of the Gaerne boots I should get. I'm hoping to get some opinions on whether it is worth an extra $120 to get the SG12 boots over the SG10 or if I should go with the cheaper Gaerne REACT. I appreciate any advice anyone has between the different levels of Gaerne boots.

SG12
http://www.revzilla.com/product_images/0013/3328/Gaerne_SG-12_Boots_Black_zoom.jpg

SG10
http://www.megaserviceshop.com/shop/images/gaerne_SG10-black.jpg

REACT
http://motocross.transworld.net/files/2009/10/4041449606_1daf44444d.jpg

Austin81
01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I just got some SG10's for christmas and I love them,really comfortable boots. They don't take very long to break in and they are really good quality boots. ;) :D

ricksmx865
01-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Ive got the the SG10 at well.... awesome boot!

MX MaNiAc 06
01-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I also just got a pair of SG10s and they are very comfortable! Seem to be well put together too. They are my 4th pair of boots ive owned and the only pair I didn't have some kind of sore on my foot or ankle after I got done riding. Sorry I can't help out with the other two brands but I don't think you could go wrong with the SG10s

motohanks
01-20-2010, 06:32 PM
thanks guys. I wasn't sure if I should spend the extra money on the sg12, but this makes me feel a little better about the sg10. I would like to try them on before I spend another $270 to $390 on boots after my tech 7s started to get wore out after one season of mx even taking them off between races and wearing sneakers around the pits at the track. Does anyone know any places in Massachusetts or Connecticut that has Gaerne boots that I could try on?

xrxmxcx
01-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Not sure if your dead set on it, but BCS has the new Forma boots in stock. Forma was making the 661 Hurricane boot, and are now available straight from Forma. I rode them and really liked them from 661, only reason I'm posting this is because I know your a fellow BCS rider, and they have great deals on them!

Just some input!

motohanks
01-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks Rob, the Forma boots do look pretty nice and they're not too expensive at BCS. The only thing is that I already signed the Gaerne sponsorship contract a couple months ago.

KXRida
01-20-2010, 08:54 PM
If you get the sg12's let me know how true they run to size. I have a pair of sg10's and they run big. I'm either going to snag up some SG's or another pair of Astars for the new season.

sigmapio5
01-21-2010, 06:36 PM
The SG 12's are awsome. I have had both and the 12's are worth every penny. I think the SG 12 offers quite a bit mor protection over the SG 10 and is more confortable and flexable. I have brused the tops of my feet a few times with the SG10, from being hit by rocks. The SG 12 has quite a bit more protection over the top of the foot and toe area, also seems to have better ankle support with out losing flexability. Both are the best boots made and you will probably be happy either way. Shop around there are some pretty good prices out there on the Gaerne boots. Don't go with a cheaper boot, you will regret it.

motohanks
01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks sigmapio5, that's the kind of comparison between the boots that I was hoping to get. I have had a hard time finding them to try on, so in your experience do they run bigger or smaller or about the same as other boots/sneakers?
I am not really looking to cheap out on boots, I have broken my foot in 6 places before while riding a dirtbike on trails with some cheaper boots.

KXRida
01-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by sigmapio5
The SG 12's are awsome. I have had both and the 12's are worth every penny. I think the SG 12 offers quite a bit mor protection over the SG 10 and is more confortable and flexable. I have brused the tops of my feet a few times with the SG10, from being hit by rocks. The SG 12 has quite a bit more protection over the top of the foot and toe area, also seems to have better ankle support with out losing flexability. Both are the best boots made and you will probably be happy either way. Shop around there are some pretty good prices out there on the Gaerne boots. Don't go with a cheaper boot, you will regret it.

any comparison between the SG12 and tech 10? I love my tech 10's but then again I love my SG10's as well. No one around here sells gaerne so I can't really get my hands on a pair to try them. on.