PDA

View Full Version : Florida

NoWingNoPrayer
01-21-2003, 08:04 PM
i was just wonderin if there were any LEGAL places to ride in Forida other than Crooms Ocala Scottsmore and Sea World that i could go to year round . Trails are good but ,im lookin for more hills and walls than anything else

Ill be at crooms this weekend to So im sure ill have some aftermarket parts questions too come monday!!!!:devil

y2k400ex
01-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Where is Scottsmore and Sea World?
I live in jackosnville and I mostly ride in ocala theres really nothing in northert FL thats LEGAL

NoWingNoPrayer
01-23-2003, 04:35 AM
Scotsmore is a little way south of newsymerna beach exit on highway 95, the exit Says scottsmore tight on it. take the exit (not sure of exact #) and take a right (or oppisite of the Stuckys right on th other side. You should see a parking lot with alot of trash in it possibly some Huge 4x4s and quads. your there, and have fun.

Sea world i couldent give you directions too cause i slept the way there, but it is almost all mud . if mud is what your looking for i can get directions for you.

SGA
01-23-2003, 06:45 AM
y2k400ex, have you ridden at the airport exit? Theres a good riding area just east of interstate 95. A PILE of quads and 4wd trucks ride there. Get off the interstate(east) Theres a single store with a dirt road next to it. Thats it.

Fluid400
01-23-2003, 11:32 AM
Duval Road is now closed to all vehicles (airport) The lot is fenced in. Wasnt a bad place to ride but not htat big. Plus the truck mudding screwed it all up with ruts.

Nothing in NF Jacksonville area unless you have private land.
River City Dirt Riders has a lease about 20 min west on I-10, but you have to be a membor to ride or even be on the lease.

KAWSAM62
01-23-2003, 11:35 AM
locked up no tresspass fenced in gone!!!:grr :grr :grr :grr

SGA
01-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by KAWSAM62
locked up no tresspass fenced in gone!!!:grr :grr :grr :grr When did they do that? I was there about 3- 4 weeks ago and it was full of riders!

Fluid400
01-23-2003, 12:30 PM
I BELIEVE LAST WEEK. A friend went to ride and found it closed........................ Too many people / Mainly TRUCKS most likely

Fluid400
01-23-2003, 01:04 PM
We ride in Palatka, Ocala national Forrest. Yes its pretty flat but there are a ton of huge pits and more whoops than you could shake a stick at. Over all not too bad. But really depends on how you ride and what you like when riding. We hit the forrest from Lake Delance, with GPS in pouch and hall ***. You would be amazed at the awesome trails there are when you venture away from the normal 1 mile radious crowd/whoops.
We are still looking for better places to ride. I have heard around talahasse is awesome.

SGA
01-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks Fluid400. I'll have to give ocala a try. I hear bring your GPS, because that place is huge. 350, 000 acres or something. Is there places to camp overnight around there? I would be coming down I-95. Wheres the best place to go to get in and such? Thanks.

Fluid400
01-27-2003, 03:32 PM
We camp at lake Delancy. Part of the forrest is closed around the camp site but all you have to do is ride the outskirts of the closure then its all forrest from there.
Lake Delancy cam site is on 75 off of 19. About 20 min south of Palatka on 19. Yes take a GPS. Make the truck a waypoint and raise ****. There are a couple of good pits to ride in but they are a ways away from the camp site. Let me know when you arte going to ride. We cam every other weekend when it is cold.
We have a group of about 5 to 6 quads all honda 400ex's and 2 300's.
another one in our group is kawsam62.