PDA

View Full Version : Bearing Carrier Question

tywebb3
01-19-2010, 08:26 PM
I saw the ad in the Burgard forum where they are selling their bearing carrier for $99.95 shipped as a mid January special.

I picked up a 2005 400ex this past fall and was wondering if it would be a good idea to pick one of these up to replace the stock carrier & bearings? I like how the Burgard unit has the grease zerk on it for easy maintenance.

The stock carrier/bearings in my bike seem to be ok right now but I was just wondering if they are one of those weak links that will fail soon (considering the bike is an '05) and that I should replace while I can get a deal? What do you think?

gt400ex
01-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Being a used bike it might not hurt to just replace them as a PM item. Its what I did with mine and it will give you a little more peace of mind.

aDviSol2y
01-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Replace it!!!!!! Personally I would go with a lonestar carrier. But anything would be better than the stock carrier. Before I got my lonestar, My stock carrier granaded. Almost destroyed the sprocket hub. Replace it!!!!!

tywebb3
01-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Is there any specific reason to get the Lonestar over the Burgard carrier? I like the Bugard price and they are only a half-hour away from my house so they are local to me.

slightlybent47
01-20-2010, 01:05 PM
If it aint broke, dont fix it. Just repack it and let it ride. even with a zerk fitting you will still have to pull it off and clean it once a year.