PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone identify this swingarm?

Honda 250r 001
01-19-2010, 05:41 PM
It looks similar to a laeger, but its got some different things on it compared any leager i can find online. Who made this swingarm?

It looks nothing like any lonestar ive ever seen does anyone have any pictures of their lonestar that looks just like this?

Heres why i think its a leager, it uses a 400ex style chain guide and dont lonestars use a stock front chain guide? Also the dogbone mounting tabs are different than a lonestar arent they?

Heres the link to the pics.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff42/Jasons450r/Red175swingarm.jpg

OR pics are uploaded on page two.

Thanks guys an gals.

addictedtomud
01-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Laeger has 4 pinch bolts out back, this one has 2. Looks more like a short LoneStar to me...

extremetrucker
01-19-2010, 06:15 PM
lonestar fo sho

312R1
01-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by extremetrucker
lonestar fo sho

Yeppers..it's a LSR.

woodsracer144
01-19-2010, 06:36 PM
LSR no doubt

Honda 250r 001
01-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Are lonestars just as good as laeger?

woodsracer144
01-19-2010, 07:57 PM
i dont think so, i find alot of LSR's cheap and they have cracks or were cracked...

01-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
Are+lonestars+just+as+good+as+laeger%3F

What will you be doing with it? Trying out to be in the next Huevos video? Or just some spirited riding? I think it would probably be just fine for the average rider.

Honda 250r 001
01-19-2010, 08:22 PM
I will be motocrossing with it, this swingarm is stronger than a stock swingarm isint it?

woodsracer144
01-19-2010, 08:26 PM
that will not hold up its a TT swinger... no way it would hold up! its on ebay...

01-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
that will not hold up its a TT swinger... no way it would hold up! its on ebay...

I will agree with you that it looks to be a -1 or so from 88-89 length TT swingarm but the gusseting looks the same as their other standard length swingarms. How would this swingarm not "hold up" for mx?

Derrick Adams
01-20-2010, 03:35 AM
That's a nice swinger! I doubt you'll ever see a problem out of that one for MX. It looks to be built just like any of the MX swing arms i've ever seen. Not like some of those cheap tube type swingers on ebay.

Honda 250r 001
01-20-2010, 07:14 AM
So it will be good for mx? Or should i sell it and get a specific motocross swingarm. How much is it worth?

01-20-2010, 07:24 AM
What is the length, center to center?

Honda 250r 001
01-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by 8686
What is the length, center to center?

oh forgot to add, its 17.5 or -1. I dont think lonestar makes a specific TT swingarm, so all their swingarms are the same strength even the -2 correct?

After looking at their website, this swingarm looks nothing like any lonestar swingarm ive ever seen, are you guys sure its not an older laeger?

Honda 250r 001
01-20-2010, 08:52 AM
heres pics for the people who cant use photobucket

Honda 250r 001
01-20-2010, 08:53 AM
omre

Honda 250r 001
01-20-2010, 08:54 AM
last one

Derrick Adams
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Run it.

Just to cover all the weak points... It appears to be strengthened in the pivot bolt area (which is where most of the impact transfers to, from my understanding). It's also gusseted well at the shock linkage mount and at the carrier area. IMO that swinger should hold up fine for you.

steve250r
01-20-2010, 02:36 PM
That Lone Star swingarm will be just fine for MX. A few people I knew back in the day ran -1" from '88-'89 length for MX.

woodsracer144
01-20-2010, 04:43 PM
it doesnt look like them cause its a no link swinger...

Derrick Adams
01-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Just out of curiousity, how do you determine it's a no link swinger?

01-20-2010, 05:06 PM
That is not a no link swingarm. It is a stock link swingarm.

woodsracer144
01-20-2010, 05:06 PM
it was on ebay and i have a no link just like this one, or had one... it was cromed...

woodsracer144
01-20-2010, 05:07 PM
That is not a no link swingarm. It is a stock link swingarm.

they make 2 styles of no links... one like mine... ( i'll get a pick of it later on...)

and one like this.. its like a OE set up... i've ran both...

heres the Oe style...

Honda 250r 001
01-20-2010, 05:50 PM
they make 2 styles of no links... one like mine... ( i'll get a pick of it later on...)

and one like this.. its like a OE set up... i've ran both...

heres the Oe style...

I, not sure where your getting the no link for this, but its a standard link swingarm. Could you get better pics of that stock frame no link swingarm for me? I wouldnt mind giving that a shot...

Im glad to hear this swingarm is gonna hold up just fine for me. Where do they usually crack first? Is it the main frame of the swinger or the dogbone mount?
Thanks so much guys

woodsracer144
01-20-2010, 06:34 PM
sorry but i no longer have that set up... i have a Axis with it on the Lobo mount spot... its rather close to the OE set up... but its a little lower hole, and i cant rember if its back a little or foward alittle, you could run a link with it i know that...

01-20-2010, 06:45 PM
You can run any damn swingarm as a no link. It doesn't mean it was intended to be run that way. Any swingarm with the shock mount up on top of it, like the one originally posted here, is made for stock linkage. A no link swingarm looks completely different. These are no link swingarms.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2utq63m.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/ehx0g3.jpg

88redrocket
01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
That looks just like my lonestar, im pretty sure laegers uses 4 pinch bolts where lonestar uses 2.

woodsracer144
01-20-2010, 07:05 PM
8686.. i dont mean to start a piss fight but you need to watch your tone cause i took your message as if you were a pissy little *****... i have had both, i have ran a OE set up too, and i know for a fact the one no link OE stlye on i had was not the same as the OE... i know for a fact... they look the same but they arnt... and you cant just run any swinger, the upper shock mount has to be the same, thats like sayin i can run a Cr500 swinger as a no link, it would be the worst ride ever! it all comes down to the shock angle and the mount location... the houser no link swingers are totally different then the lobos or the LSRs... i've had 3 set ups when i think about it,

the 2 Lsr's one the oe stly and one like i have now, a prp, one like i have now and a houser...

01-20-2010, 07:16 PM
8686.. i dont mean to start a piss fight but you need to watch your tone cause i took your message as if you were a pissy little *****... i have had both, i have ran a OE set up too, and i know for a fact the one no link OE stlye on i had was not the same as the OE... i know for a fact... they look the same but they arnt... and you cant just run any swinger, the upper shock mount has to be the same, thats like sayin i can run a Cr500 swinger as a no link, it would be the worst ride ever! it all comes down to the shock angle and the mount location... the houser no link swingers are totally different then the lobos or the LSRs... i've had 3 set ups when i think about it,

the 2 Lsr's one the oe stly and one like i have now, a prp, one like i have now and a houser...

Post a good close up pic of the one you have now, with the rear fenders off, so we can see the whole rear suspension setup. Thanks.

01-20-2010, 07:23 PM

I'm not looking to start a pissing match with you, but you're not exactly on my list of people that impress me. I'm not afraid to say it, I regularly see you on here giving crappy advice and providing incorrect information.

You shouldn't reply to every single post just because you have nothing else to do in your high school computers class.

woodsracer144
01-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Excuse me, but i talk with the people. some of the stuff im wrong on, but i do know for a fact that these swingers are not all the same. some might be but not all of them... i have a no link quad, i've ran them i know.

I'll say it, yeah i've been wrong, but i dont learn my stuff from a high school class i learn it from people on here... you can think what you want and i will what i will... theres 2 ways to skin a cat... you think im wrong well i dont care... and since you have me going on this topic now, the reason i'm on here all the time is cause im trying to get some place by my self, i dont have a parent to suck up to, i dont have anyone, i use all my own money my own work my own pride... i know a few guys here and there but everything i know i've learned from a mag or a repair book or people on here.. like Neil...

and please from now on call me out on my crappy advice... i mean it...

01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Excuse me, but i talk with the people. some of the stuff im wrong on, but i do know for a fact that these swingers are not all the same. some might be but not all of them... i have a no link quad, i've ran them i know.

I'll say it, yeah i've been wrong, but i dont learn my stuff from a high school class i learn it from people on here... you can think what you want and i will what i will... theres 2 ways to skin a cat... you think im wrong well i dont care... and since you have me going on this topic now, the reason i'm on here all the time is cause im trying to get some place by my self, i dont have a parent to suck up to, i dont have anyone, i use all my own money my own work my own pride... i know a few guys here and there but everything i know i've learned from a mag or a repair book or people on here.. like Neil...

and please from now on call me out on my crappy advice... i mean it...

Fair enough. I would like to see a couple pics of the rear suspension on your quad, though. As I like to say, you learn something new every day.

woodsracer144
01-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Fair enough. I would like to see a couple pics of the rear suspension on your quad, though. As I like to say, you learn something new every day.

the set up i have now is like the lobo...

here she is... theres all kinds of pics... dig through them and your going to find some...

extremetrucker
01-20-2010, 11:24 PM
woodsracer, with the no link on your prp is the upper shock mount in the stock r location or higher up like the cr500 link? as for the houser reference, their no link, has the shock mount on top because the upper mount is moved higher because its a hybrid frame, with the lobo, its mounted low because it uses stock r geometry for upper shock mount.that way no matter where your shock is connected either stock, or up high, it retains the same distance and angle while still using the same 18 1/2" shock or whatever they all use. basically the different designs allow the geometry to stay the same no matter where the upper shock mount is, this way you can put it wherever the fark you want it, in the houser case to make room for intake on hybrids, and lot of prps as well as others to swith from cr link to no link. im not joining the war, just sharing my knowledge. but im going to have to say this is a linkage swinger, unless we get some measurements compared to a stocker.

Honda 250r 001
01-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by steve250r
That Lone Star swingarm will be just fine for MX. A few people I knew back in the day ran -1" from '88-'89 length for MX.

what would be the pro's and con's to running a -1 swingarm compared to a stock length swiner?
Thanks

extremetrucker
01-21-2010, 11:11 AM
pros:
shorter turning radius, it will turn on a dime
shorter swingarm will decrese leverage ratio allowing for a lighter shock, front end will be lighter (if you like this) due to changing the weight bias, more traction.

cons:
front end might push in the turns because of the weight being transferred to the rear, might wheelie out of the gate, might take some getting used to when hitting jumps, (back to the front end being light) you might become aquainted with the airborne rear brake stab. due to shortened wheelbase the rear end may have a tendancy to swap side to side in whoops and braking bumps.

try it, i personally like a std 88-89 length, but im a big dude so traction is never a problem, the few guys i have talked to that do run a -1 swear by it, and they are all lighter guys too. if you dont like it, theres always fleabay

Honda 250r 001
01-21-2010, 11:32 AM
thanks! that really helps, but if i stay in the same spot on the seat as i did when i had the stock length swingarm, will the front end want to come up faster, or will it want to dive?
Thanks

86 Quad R
01-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
thanks! that really helps, but if i stay in the same spot on the seat as i did when i had the stock length swingarm, will the front end want to come up faster, or will it want to dive?
Thanks

lol you aint doin' murch ridin if ya are plannin' on staying in the same spot of the seat son. :blah:

extremetrucker
01-21-2010, 12:43 PM
hypothetically speaking, if you stay in the same spot on the seat, the front would tend to be high, but as 86 quad r stated, you wont be in the same spot all the time, also, if you want some more weight transferred forward, keep your stock pegs, as pro pegs will be moved rearward an inch i believe. you will have to compensate some, but you will get used to it if you like it.

Honda 250r 001
01-21-2010, 01:37 PM
i have pro pegs... before i had the pro pegs i still had trouble keeping it level, the rear always wanted to drop a little more then the front. So we will see how it works with the pro pegs and -1 swingarm... Ill let you guys know if i like it.

86 Quad R
01-21-2010, 01:43 PM
i run the -1 swinger w/pro-pegs also and love it. you and i are close to the same size soooo, i think you'll like it. just make sure your suspension is set up to you and after you get used to the setup and how to use it, you should be fine. :D

Honda 250r 001
01-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
i run the -1 swinger w/pro-pegs also and love it. you and i are close to the same size soooo, i think you'll like it. just make sure your suspension is set up to you and after you get used to the setup and how to use it, you should be fine. :D

do you have to lean foreward a little on the jumps. I need to get a 1 inch foreward steering stem.

86 Quad R
01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
no not really. on most jumps if i hold a center it'll fly straight but if the incline is rather steep and my center is forced rearward too far, she will want to gyro up. how tall are you?

Honda 250r 001
01-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
no not really. on most jumps if i hold a center it'll fly straight but if the incline is rather steep and my center is forced rearward too far, she will want to gyro up. how tall are you?

im 6 foot and i weight 150-160 pounds.

woodsracer144
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by extremetrucker
woodsracer, with the no link on your prp is the upper shock mount in the stock r location or higher up like the cr500 link? as for the houser reference, their no link, has the shock mount on top because the upper mount is moved higher because its a hybrid frame, with the lobo, its mounted low because it uses stock r geometry for upper shock mount.that way no matter where your shock is connected either stock, or up high, it retains the same distance and angle while still using the same 18 1/2" shock or whatever they all use. basically the different designs allow the geometry to stay the same no matter where the upper shock mount is, this way you can put it wherever the fark you want it, in the houser case to make room for intake on hybrids, and lot of prps as well as others to swith from cr link to no link. im not joining the war, just sharing my knowledge. but im going to have to say this is a linkage swinger, unless we get some measurements compared to a stocker.

upper shock mount is changed on mine for the no link... kinda like the CR500 is...

i thought that the houser was moved closer to the center....

extremetrucker
01-21-2010, 03:54 PM
woodsracer, the houser shock mount is on top of the swingarm "rails" and the upper shock mount is raised to make room for intake boot, and i think they are in the same location as the cr linkage, because on their earlier frames they offered them with bike link, on your prp is there, or was there a linkage mount on the bottom? i have seen a few of these floating around with the tabs for the link, but with a no link swinger, when i ordered my crf frame from prp he gave me the option on the swingarm, crf link, or no link, but told me his frame was the same, i went with the link on mine.