PDA

View Full Version : clarke 5.5 gas tank mounting question?

400man
01-19-2010, 11:03 AM
I have the clarke 5.5 gallon tank on my 400ex but ive only got it bolted to the frame with the 2 small bolts up by the steering stem, and the tank is bolted to the fenders in the 4 mounting spots it has. but the bottom/rear of the tank moves around easy cause its not bolted down and I cant see any way to bolt it to the frame with some kind of custom bracket. it has two little hooks in each corner of the tank and came with 2 big rubber o-rings but I never did figure out where to put em at?

fishnfergie
01-19-2010, 11:14 AM
There is hooks on the frame where the stock rubber strap attaches to maybe they go there, I dont have that tank but that would be my guess...

lester985
01-19-2010, 11:15 AM
mybe it goes on the on the top mounting bracket some how just a guess:confused: :confused:

mfr440
01-19-2010, 03:05 PM
The 2 rubber pieces (doughnut-shaped?) mount horizontally on the inside of the frame. I think mine had carriage bolts through the frame, with a threaded bushing that goes inside the rubber piece. You should screw the two "hooks" on the bottom of the tank into those. I'd post pics, but my quad is not at home right now.