PDA

View Full Version : ? 250R Seat gap ?

OchoR
01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Does anybody have good advise as how to fix the gap that forms over time, between the front of the seat and the fuel tank (mine is about 2"), without replacing the seat pan?

infamous
01-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Have you tried to loosen the tank and move it back as far as it'll go? The bolt on the front will allow a little movement from the tank. Other than that, just setting further up on the seat...LOL:p

86 Quad R
01-19-2010, 06:06 PM
just how tite do you have your seat cover?

OchoR
01-19-2010, 06:41 PM
It is not the cover. It was like that with the original, and I just had a new cover put on, with the same results. I will try to move the fuel tank back though. Thank you guys for the help. At first I thought about taking a heat gun to the pan, but was second guessing myself.

250Renvy
01-19-2010, 06:56 PM
If you put an 87 pan on an 88 frame or possibly vice versa, it'll create a gap. Make sure you have the right seat pan with the right frame.

Also check to make sure your frame isn't tweaked. That will cause gaps all over the place.

Rich250RRacer
01-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by OchoR
It is not the cover. It was like that with the original, and I just had a new cover put on, with the same results. I will try to move the fuel tank back though. Thank you guys for the help. At first I thought about taking a heat gun to the pan, but was second guessing myself.

At some point, the pan probably had a cover on it for a long period of time, which shrunk and pulled on the pan. You can try removing the cover and foam, turn it upside down and put some weight on it for a couple of weeks. Or use a heat gun to soften the pan.

protrax
01-19-2010, 09:26 PM
I have used a heat gun on the pan with good results

atvmxr
01-19-2010, 10:09 PM
do dustin's trick and raise the rear subframe up an inch or so... :macho