PDA

View Full Version : Roll Design A-arm Copper Replacement Bushings?

danhung11
01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
I need some help here, before I cough up $96 16 copper bushings. If you know what I am talking about, there's one on each side of the a-arm mounts that the steel sleeve mounts into, and they are $6 each or $96 for the complete set. I find it hard to pay that much for the amount of copper equal to 16 pennies. :(

Any suggestions or alternatives guys?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

croat1
01-18-2010, 11:09 PM
hey dan:
are you sure they are copper and not brass? post a pic and some dimensions. if they are a standard size bushings maybe you can look at Mcmaster carr or call your local bearing distributor.

rrguy
01-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I believe they are a red, cast/bronze with the groove for grease? but a SAE 841 or 863 bronze oil lite bushing should work in there & be cheaper, plus if it does not get grease oil lite will self lube.

If I remember correctly for some reason it is not a standard size. I was able to come up with something I might have some extras you can have Or help you get them for more like $1 each.

danhung11
01-19-2010, 05:14 AM
Joe - they are either brass or copper, hard to tell after they went through blasting. Then I applied some heat and they were like butter and came out all deformed. I just tossed them not thinking there were so expensive. :mad:

rrguy - give me a call, I pm'd you my contact info.

Thanks guys!
Dan

IcutMetl
01-19-2010, 05:47 AM
I'd put money on the table that says they're neither brass or copper- most likely bronze. Wears better than either, and if you buy the right stuff, has sintered-in lubrication properties. If you're interested, I could look into the cost of some oil-lite or bearing bronze stock from mcmaster carr and make you a set.

danhung11
01-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not really concerned what metal they are. I just need replacements. I have every piece except these.

Can you make out of Teflon? Or polyeurathane?

Thanks,
Dan

C41Xracer
01-19-2010, 06:49 AM
ill bet there aluminum bronze, there marked up to make a profit . you probably have no choice but to fork out the money for them. i see no reason they cant be made out of teflon. laegers are

IcutMetl
01-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Teflon, nylon, krylon, polyurethane- it's all the same to a lathe. If you could send me an existing bushing, I could price the material and make it out of any reasonable material you wanted- it's a very simple part.

Langbolt
01-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Are they Flanged ?

Take them to a BEARING supplier and have him order you a set of Bunting SAE 841 oil impregnated bronze.

They're like a $1 each - Total $16....much better than $96

Here's what I use.....