PDA

View Full Version : DRR vs APEX vs COBRA......

thequadfather+2
01-18-2010, 09:24 PM
I just wanted to share a video of a recent arena cross race. We decided to race this particular event because we knew there would be several other mini's there and we just wanted to sit on a full gate.

The race eventually came down to an awesome battle between three young pilots riding a Hot Quads DRR, D&D Racing Apex and a Tittle Brothers Cobra.

The young Apex rider (#8), Dawson Pigg we had raced with before and we have never beaten him in a main event, he is relentless and fast and just never gives up. We had seen Bryce Alig (#64) on the cobra before but he ran another class, we knew he was fast. We were on our Black DRR 90 (#18).

The video begins with the qualifier (3 laps) then follwed by the main event (2:55 count), which was the best dang battle I have seen in a while.

I decided to leave it on photobucket because I wanted to leave in the music, can't on youtube. I just thought it was a pretty good battle by kids on different quads....Turn up the volume.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o120/rotorwashphotos/?action=view&current=murfreesbororace2010.flv

01-18-2010, 09:43 PM
All I know is those boys were riding their tail off. The whoop section was awsome. Great riding. No fear what so ever. That was great racing right there. Nice video.

thequadfather+2
01-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Thank you...

win, lose or draw...that was fun. Nobody was mad, everyone was stoked and the kids congratulated each other after it was over.

ff1125a
01-19-2010, 05:25 AM
I know we all had a ball! Ended up with 4th place but i was proud of him. He had a huge disadvantage of being on a 50 but I thought he and all the other kids did very well. As long as they had fun and no one got hurt it was a great day!

zach R 7x
01-19-2010, 07:13 AM
nice video,and good job to all those racers! looked like a nice track to race on. where was this at?

thequadfather+2
01-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by ff1125a
I know we all had a ball! Ended up with 4th place but i was proud of him. He had a huge disadvantage of being on a 50 but I thought he and all the other kids did very well. As long as they had fun and no one got hurt it was a great day!

did yall go out in the 4-7 or 8-12 jr? I had one in each class, my youngest was on the #17 black DRR in the 4-7 mini group. Both classes had a full gate, that was fun.

thequadfather+2
01-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
nice video,and good job to all those racers! looked like a nice track to race on. where was this at?

Near Nashville, TN...Murfreesboro

ff1125a
01-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
did yall go out in the 4-7 or 8-12 jr? I had one in each class, my youngest was on the #17 black DRR in the 4-7 mini group. Both classes had a full gate, that was fun.

Aiden was in the 4-7 # 91 White DRR

hotquads1
01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
tHATS SOME GREAT RACING! you got that DRR flying. I had to rewind and watch again when I saw your DRR pass the Cobra on the straight away in moto 2 . Tell the boys to keep up the good work.
Marc

riding4fun
01-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Dang work computer won't let me watch it.

CRBOGGAN
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Your work computer is like mine all the good stuf blocked its like all they want us to do is work.

Ride1Rob
01-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Nice!

thequadfather+2
01-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
tHATS SOME GREAT RACING! you got that DRR flying. I had to rewind and watch again when I saw your DRR pass the Cobra on the straight away in moto 2 . Tell the boys to keep up the good work.
Marc

After practice I saw the cobra was getting to the turns fast and using the banking to try and keep the speed up. I told Jordan to get close in the whoops and turn inside him with a block pass...It worked that time but in the main his dad made sure he didnt leave the inside open, Jordan bumped him in the same turn and after that it was just a battle. Jordan finally turned under him and got a better run down the back stretch.

Hey chip, that was pretty funny. "It's like all they want us to do is work" :D

alig
01-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Really? is it always this brand vs. another brand? This transmission vs. that. Hey dad how about this "Hey everybody my son won a race, we're so proud" . Congrats Jordan on your win. I don't believe it was about what quads were out there. I think, you wanted it more than any other kid out there. Good job

raptorobbie
01-22-2010, 08:48 AM
yeah- the first thing I thought was the kid on the Cobra got pretty smart for the race - he didnt leave that door open on the turn like he did in practice. Very good battle to watch and smart racing by all three of those boys!!

thequadfather+2
01-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by alig
Really? is it always this brand vs. another brand? This transmission vs. that. Hey dad how about this "Hey everybody my son won a race, we're so proud" . Congrats Jordan on your win. I don't believe it was about what quads were out there. I think, you wanted it more than any other kid out there. Good job

Thats unfortunate; I thought all the kids raced well. It was not about the quads really but obviously three different machines out there together. Hey wasnt it you who asked me "why does everyone cheer when someone passes a Cobra?"....I didnt really think of it that way. I think it's you who has the problem with the brand....

Hey dad how about this "Hey everybody my son won a race, we're so proud" .........How about not being sore about the title, I mean really, is it necessary? I could understand if you have issue with something negative that was said but I thought I was giving credit to all the kids being fast and what a good race it was between those three. If yall would have won the title would be the same.....

More than that I thought it was a great display of sportsmanship when Bryce tracked us down and congratulated Jordan. I saw Bryce race at Pell city several months ago after yall just got the quad and watched him lead a portion of the qualifier and race, fast indeed.

"I think, you wanted it more than any other kid out there. Good job"....Maybe you did, we have been beat many, many, many times. Again, we have never beaten Dawson in a main, my 6 year old has never won and thats no big deal because It's more about competing, giving 100% and having fun, we actually worry less about where we finish but at the same time every kid likes to win and every parent likes to watch their kid win.

If it was three cobras I would have said three Cobras battle it out. I find it hard to believe you really have an issue with any of that, If yall would have won, you wouldnt have said anything. I think thats the problem. Everyone is well aware of the whole Honda VS Cobra battle and all the trash that went out on all the forums a couple years ago over direct drive tranny's and honda's protesting the RM head on all the cobras but I dont own either and really dont give a rip but some of yall seem to carry some kind of chip on your shoulder every race....

Just enjoy the video. Come down and race with us and I will put your win on here just like I did this one. Infact, I will name it the same just to please.... :rolleyes:

thequadfather+2
01-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by raptorobbie
yeah- the first thing I thought was the kid on the Cobra got pretty smart for the race - he didnt leave that door open on the turn like he did in practice. Very good battle to watch and smart racing by all three of those boys!!

Yes I agree, he adjusted his line and closed the door perfectly. The Apex rider adjusted his line secveral times moving from outside to the inside lane.

alig
01-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I get on here and say congrats to your kid and you want to come after me with some crap about being sore. I don't care what place my kid finishes, he's racing not me. Its about them having a good time and being a good sport. I was more proud of Bryce and the rest of the kids high fiving after the race, then what place they finished. I think we're on the same page as far as that goes. Lets back up and repunt.

thequadfather+2
01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
OK. Not a problem, I read the post as something different. The bottom line was I put the video on here because it was a darn good race by three riders that just wouldnt quit. I thought it was a good battle between riders on different machines.

I hope we can race with you guys again sometime. Its hard enough to find a full gate outside the nats, dont want to cause a riff where we cant get along....I'm not into that. Again, if I missunderstood then I stand corrected...sorry.

Maybe this was what confused me...."Hey dad how about this "Hey everybody my son won a race, we're so proud" ....The reason I dint say that was because I put the vid up to show the battle between those three, not my son winning.

Bruce

nordic quad
01-24-2010, 05:59 AM
This is miniquad racing at it´s greatest,3 great riders on 3 diffrent brands of quads in front of the field,it doesnt get mutch better than this.IMO

Stein A