PDA

View Full Version : clutch lever has too much play

yungun
01-18-2010, 06:52 PM
ok ive asked alot of people' so let hear what yall think. ive got an 04 yfz. ive had to buy about 4 clutch cables since ive had the bike. now is gotten to the point that i bought my fifth cable. both cable adjustments are all the way out and now i have way too much play in the lever. i tried adjusting them the other way but just gets worse. i felt it going over time, but now i hold in the clutch, put it 1st gear and it starts to pull like the lever isnt even pulled in. i put a hinson clutch assembly in it and still didnt fix it.. and suggestions???

BakerRacing40
01-19-2010, 01:05 AM
one thing that i have is an easy pull clutch arm. mine came from mod quad. makes the clutch so smooth and easy.. make sure you lube your cable and when you install it make sure it has some play to it so that there's not always tension on the cable. how often do you use your clutch? every shift or just as needed?

csr250r
01-19-2010, 08:38 AM
My 04 does the same thing, it got so bad that I buy cables 2-3 at a time.

mxpimp2000
01-19-2010, 07:48 PM
my buddies 04-05 kept doing this and it was because the header was gettin the cable too hott and it would stretch so much u couldnt adjust it anymore so buyin a new cable was the only option.

he bought some heat resistant wire loom that keeps heat off and out of it and never had to buy a cable again.