PDA

View Full Version : a good question about big bore kit and stoking

adamson350r
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I understand the 370 kit is a 350 with a stroker crank. My Brother and myself have a 330 and a 350 ct kits. In installing a stroker crank do the big bore kits need to be re-sleeved or do you need a whole new top end?

Another question I want to run light and a hotter ignition, whats the best way to go?

Langbolt
01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
You might just need a new DOME (with a deeper squish band to accept the piston travelling higher) And/Or a thicker spacer plate (another 2mm than what you currently run..

That's if you''re planning on the 76mm Stroker Crank.

It all depends on your PORT TIMING and what you want to use the motor for.

I'd call CT and see what they recommend since THEY ported the cylinder and know what's required to make the 370 from a 350.

:devil:

1promodfan
01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by adamson350r
I understand the 370 kit is a 350 with a stroker crank. My Brother and myself have a 330 and a 350 ct kits. In installing a stroker crank do the big bore kits need to be re-sleeved or do you need a whole new top end?

Another question I want to run light and a hotter ignition, whats the best way to go?

Just so you know, if your cylinder hasn't been ported for a stroker, you can't just put in a stroker crank. Sounds like your 350 cylinder is already ported for a stroked crank. But, if you have a regular 330 cylinder and you want to add say a 4mil crank, that cylinder will have to get the port timing changed.

machwon
01-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Yes as said above, even if they tell you can do it with a dome and a spacer plate it probably won't run much better. The porting needs to be corrected for the stroker crank. For the ignition I'd go with the CR 250 ignition.