PDA

View Full Version : Desert races?

Diesel101
01-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd ask about desert races on here, I ride out in the desert with my buddies every now and then and am buying a new 450 quad. I was hoping to find a short desert race just to try it out. I live in central California, about 45min north of Fresno, so I'm guessing mojave is probably the closest... If anyone knows of anything I'd appreciate it. Again I don't ride competitively, just for fun with friends. We usually make a 50mile loop in mojave when were out there, but I doubt any of the races are that short.

Thanks a lot,
mat

stoopidbot
01-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Check out the Adelanto GP, it is Feb. I'm driving out from Denver to race it.

www.desertvipersmc.com

TTracer#22
01-18-2010, 08:03 AM
You should check out the WORCS series it a desert,offroad and a little mx all mixed in one. Avery fun and well orginized series.

Just a thought.

www.worcsracing.com

Diesel101
01-18-2010, 08:22 AM
I've heard of the adelanto grand prix, my buddy wanted to race it with a few years ago, but I have no idea what terrain it is... I'll check it out.
Worcs is totally awesome stuff too, I just didn't think they had any races near me, I'll go check that out too

thanks a lot

stoopidbot
01-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Diesel101
I've heard of the adelanto grand prix, my buddy wanted to race it with a few years ago, but I have no idea what terrain it is... I'll check it out.
Worcs is totally awesome stuff too, I just didn't think they had any races near me, I'll go check that out too

thanks a lot WORCS actually runs the same course a few weeks later. It is a 10 mile loop, mostly desert terrain with an MX style infield.