PDA

View Full Version : Hey sled guys!!!

MX MaNiAc 06
01-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Well I had the pleasure of riding a snowmobile for the first time yesterday. Amazing! I absolutely loved it! Hopefully this isn't too redundant of a question here but I was wondering what a good sled for jumping and motocross? I've tried googling sleds and information and I cannot tell what would be ideal for me. I'm looking to grab one most likely next year. I'm looking into the 500-600cc range and the $2000-2500 range.

Nick110
01-17-2010, 09:58 PM
get anyof the race chassis sleds, like a rev, iq, snowpro etc. My Buddy is actually one of the top snocross racers in the world, Brett Bender is his name look em up.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-17-2010, 10:22 PM
I've heard that name. How about the ski doo MXZs? From what i've read they seem to be pretty reliable.

nastyrider17
01-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I've heard that name. How about the ski doo MXZs? From what i've read they seem to be pretty reliable.

One of my buddies has a MXZ500 and it hauls. It's definitely my favorite sled out of all the ones I've ridden.

Quad18star
01-17-2010, 11:40 PM
You can pick up a Ski-Doo Rev chassis MXZX 440 ( ski-doo race sled) for fairly cheap now days .. because all the snowcross guys have switched over to the new XP chassis from Ski-Doo . In the new chassis, ski-doo got rid of the 440 and replaced it with the MXZ 600 RS.

If you go with Arctic cat ... their SnoPro sleds are their performers. You can get a 440 for cheap , since they went like ski-doo and went into the 600 category for the race sleds.

Polaris has the IQ chassis sleds for snowcross.

Yamaha I believe are running the Nitro as their snowcross sled .

Now that you've been on a sled , you're hooked for life. I'll be honest with you ... I much rather ride a sled than ride a quad. The technology in the sleds is purely amazing . Plus there's nothing like hammering the throttle and laying down 120-140 HP and carrying the skis until you left off .

SRH
01-18-2010, 12:18 AM
ill probably be buying a sled next fall...my cousin just picked up a rev 600 ho sdi..xp, nice sled, id liek to go with a 600 or 800, sleds are a blast, i havent had one since 01 becauser the winters had been so bad here up until a couple yrs ago

Quad18star
01-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by SRH
ill probably be buying a sled next fall...my cousin just picked up a rev 600 ho sdi..xp, nice sled, id liek to go with a 600 or 800, sleds are a blast, i havent had one since 01 becauser the winters had been so bad here up until a couple yrs ago

If you go with the 500ss ... it's basically a 600cc sled , but very light and nimble.

I believe they weigh about 439 lbs or somewhere near there.

SRH
01-18-2010, 12:23 AM
ive only ridden 1 sled since i got hurt which was a 02 zr 500, had plenty of power for our riding area but the seat position was difficult without being able to stand or lean..the new rev seems to be alot more comfortable...i was also considering the new phazer... they any good?

Quad18star
01-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by SRH
ive only ridden 1 sled since i got hurt which was a 02 zr 500, had plenty of power for our riding area but the seat position was difficult without being able to stand or lean..the new rev seems to be alot more comfortable...i was also considering the new phazer... they any good?

The phazer is very underpowered .... I think it only puts out about 95hp.

You'll like the rider forwared positioning of the newer sledsfrom ski-doo and cat.