PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Beware of QCITYTILE!!!!!!!!!!!

greenmachine70
01-17-2010, 05:40 PM
On Dec 26 my son cased a big jump and busted the cases and tranny on his DRR. I posted on here looking for a set and I was messaged by a forum member QCITYTILE.
He offered me a set and a clutch cover.
I pm'd him and accepted. He said there was nothing wrong with them except they were dirty. He even offered to clean them but it would add time to the shipping...lol
We reached a price of $175 shipped.
I received the cases and took to my engine builder. When we started the prep for the build, we took the cases out of the box and noticed there was a piece of "allthread" in place of one of the head bolts.
Then we looked harder and realized that it was a 6mm instead of the CORRECT size 7mm and it was wobbly and held in by a helicoil.
We took a chance and assembled the engine, before we did, we did a little case volume trick with some jb weld. Well when we put it together and torqued the head the "allthread" stud would not hold properly.
I had already messaged Mr QCITYTILE and he said go ahead try it because your sons race is on Jan 16 and he didnt want him to miss his race......(such a nice guy). He said if it wouldnt work he would send me another set from a spare stock motor he has. I accepted that and now we got screwed because my 11yr old son who won the track championship last season missed the first race of the season because of QCITYTILE!!!!!!!!!!
I will attempt to cut and paste the pms to show how many lies he told me.
First he said "nothing wrong with the cases"
then when told about the junk, he said "no I didnt know about that"
Then in the most recent email he said he knew about it and does it all the time in fact his current engine has a helicopil in the head bolt.
Well when you are running 180psi, helicoils are junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greenmachine70
01-17-2010, 05:47 PM
1st pm my offer and his response.
Please note my 2nd to last question in my pm.
Now please read his answer which is the 3rd sentence in his response.
We ended up at $175 shipped for case halves with gears and a gutted clutch cover.
More to come...........

[quote]
qcitytile wrote on 12-29-2009 11:45 AM:
ok I would sell just the case halves for 100$ plus shipping. I know trans gears are 130plus for a new set and new case is around 300.00. No theres nothing wrong with them besides there a little dirty and used. I will try to take some pics tonight after work. If you want gears and cvt cover with it Ill take 160.00 plus shipping Let me know Thanks

[quote]
greenmachine70 wrote on 12-29-2009 07:55 AM:
I need a matching set of air cooled case halves, with the gears would be good.
I could also use the clutch side cover as well.
$100 + shipping ??????
Is there anything wrong with them?
could you post or email me pics HGOODMAN5@tampabay.rr.com

greenmachine70
01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
My 1st pm to Mr QCITYTILE after finding the problem.........

greenmachine70 wrote on 01-11-2010 04:16 PM:
Not trying to start anything, but in my first post to you I asked "Is there anything wrong with these cases"
You said NO.
I noticed when we took them out of the box at the engine shop that one of the head bolts were missing and one was replaced with "all-thread". Now when we have the new ported cylinder ready to go on, we find that the "all-thread" is the wrong size, 6mm instead of 7mm like the others. Also find that the "all-thread" is heli-coiled into the case!!!
I dont have a choice at this point because our first race is this Saturday night. I am hoping that it dont blow head gaskets because of the heli coil pulling out when the head is torqued and our high compression engines.
This is very disappointing. I am not like some of these guys on here that have a huge bank acct to waste on this,if I were I would have bought brand new cases. My sons season start was dependent on this deal and it is not looking good right now. I put a helicoil in a head one time and it would blow out every 2nd or 3rd race. I wish you would have told me this, I would have never bought them from you.
Have you ran these cases before? Did the heli coil pull free?
All I can do now is hope it holds in.

see next post for his response to this pm..............

greenmachine70
01-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Mr QCITYTILE's response to my previous pm:

Re: cases
wow ok no I did not notice this was wrong. I guess the only thing I can do is get u to send me them back and I have another stock motor I could split and get sent to u. I guess I didnt double check it before I sent . Im really sorry let me know and Ill get them sent. I hope every thing holds up.

greenmachine70
01-17-2010, 06:02 PM
After explaining that they didnt hold during a leakdown test in the spot where the helicoil is, I explained that I added a little jb weld to the inner case to help the air flow and case volume in a corner. Now anyone who builds knows this is a benefit to the motor so when I send them back he would actually be getting something better than I received in return.
Here is my pm to him explaining this and accepting his offer to take replacement cases instead of a refund..........

Ok I will settle for that, but look at all your pics you sent, the left side case with the gears in it is missing one headbolt, but not a problem because i had 4 in the cases I have. However look closely at the left side case head bolt, it is rusty all-thread and it is 6mm not 7mm like the head bolts should be. When we cleaned the cases up is when we saw the helicoil. As soon as my new cases arrive we will dismantle and I will get them in the mail. If you bought this from someone they were not honest with you. I also added some mods to the inner case on one side to help with fuel flow. I was going to use my rt side case because it was already done to save time. We use jb weld to improve fuel/air flow in the cases. Something we do in all our engines, maybe a little builders secret. so when you get it back, you will see what to do to add power and flow. I will send them asap and let you know when to expect them. Do you want the cover back also? If so you will be sending the cover from the cases you are sending right? Let me know.
Also could you send me some pics of the cases I will be expecting?
thanks.

The next thing here is the response I just received.........

I really dont know how to handle this you already used the cases and modified them so there worthless to me. We do things different around here. How bout I refund enough to get a heli coil put in. We had that happen and never had a problem actually we are still using the motor goin on 2 full years. And thats replace top end twice a year. I think it cost me around 10 bones but if you want to get a price let me know. If I bought something and modified it I believe its mine no matter what. You would be sending me different than I sent you.

^^^^Funny now all of a sudden he knows all about the helicoils in his engine cases since it is a common thing for him to do.....HMMMM
Wow I can get a few bucks back to pay for a helicoil, why to replace the one that he put in and it failed??????
Thanks Pal

greenmachine70
01-17-2010, 06:16 PM
He says they are worthless in his own words, and yes they are. Me filling in worthless case volume did not hurt these cases but may have actually helped him gain some knowledge on building.

I did receive pics and will post if necessary to show that you cannot tell that the head bolt is an allthread because of the way the pics were taken. But you can see one missing.
Oh yeah, he says I used the cases, they never left the engine stand and they never even had a carb mounted to them. Sorry but they were never used by me and they wont be!

I actually asked for a refund because I found cases elsewhere but he made the offer to replace so I accepted to keep things good on the forum even though I didnt think it was fair and would have incurred the loss for the shipping back.

I hate to do this, but this guy screwed me for $175 and my son for a possible 1st place finish in the first race of the season at a track where he won the Championship and a full year sponsorship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone considering buying from this gentleman please read this before you send your money, if it helps keep a kid from missing a race then I accomplished something and it was worth the money I lost but it wont change the disappointment for my son missing the first race and hearing the kid who got 2nd in points last year won the overall this race so now we are way in the hole. It would take 6 wins over him just to catch up to him now.

Thank You QCITYTILE you are one hell of a guy.
I truly wish your son the best for his season and hope you dont get screwed like I did to mess up a race for him. Dont spend it all in one place...lol
We will make the next race but no thanks to you!
I am finished.

greenmachine70
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
EVERYTHING IN THIS POST WAS CUT & PASTED FROM MY PM BOX
just to be clear about that.

qcitytile
01-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Not once did I say heli coils are worthless and I never noticed something wrong with these cases. I never said to go ahead and try anything you told me u was. Im not to sure you didnt do this. Why would you build a motor knowing somthings wrong and do you really expect to use somthing then return it especially when you modifed it. LOL come on man This post means nothing to me I tried to make things right and all you want to do is start trouble thanks a lot. what about this pm to me

greenmachine70

Got the cases, looks good. Thank You!

quote:
qcitytile wrote on 01-02-2010 03:11 AM:
Track# 1Z4AR7340331873977

quote:

qcitytile
01-17-2010, 09:40 PM
also reveiw your pms I offered to replace the cases until you told me that you modified them.

greenmachine70
01-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by qcitytile
Not once did I say heli coils are worthless and I never noticed something wrong with these cases. I never said to go ahead and try anything you told me u was. Im not to sure you didnt do this. Why would you build a motor knowing somthings wrong and do you really expect to use somthing then return it especially when you modifed it. LOL come on man This post means nothing to me I tried to make things right and all you want to do is start trouble thanks a lot. what about this pm to me

greenmachine70

Got the cases, looks good. Thank You!

quote:
qcitytile wrote on 01-02-2010 03:11 AM:
Track# 1Z4AR7340331873977

quote:

Clever, I wrote that after the ups guy showed up with a damaged box. I opened the top while he was standing there and looked inside to make sure the cases were not obviousley damaged from shipping IE: broken.

This is one sentence in my PM to you after finding this junk:

"I dont have a choice at this point because our first race is this Saturday night. I am hoping that it dont blow head gaskets because of the heli coil pulling out when the head is torqued and our high compression engines."

This is YOUR response:
"wow ok no I did not notice this was wrong. I guess the only thing I can do is get u to send me them back and I have another stock motor I could split and get sent to u. I guess I didnt double check it before I sent . Im really sorry let me know and Ill get them sent. I hope every thing holds up."

In it you say you didnt know about it, then you say you should have double checked, then you say you will send me another set after I send them back and last but not least you say "I hope everything holds up"

This was said after I emphasized to you that our race was in a few days and we would go ahead and try them. You were ok with me running them in a race but now you are not ok with me bolting a head and jug onto the junk you sent me.
Now not to mention the gasket set and seals I wasted.
Oh yeah in your recent pm you state that helicoils are so great because "steel threads are better than aluminum threads" uhhh what do you whink the steel helicoil threads are held into.....ALUMINUM.
Thanks again. I hope this clears up your confusion

01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I have did alot of business with QCityTile. IMO hes a great guy to deal with. I dont want in you disrepencies but I was saying what I know of Joe. Your stuff is inbetween you and Joe not me you and Joe just you and Joe. I DONT want in it at all. Just giving what I know of Joe and I like him but does not mean you have to. Please dont OVER take this and turn it around this is JMO!!!

greenmachine70
01-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Thank you TG for your post. I wish I had the same to say.

The bottom line here is, and it is written in pm's I posted in order,
I asked was ANYTHING wrong with them.
He said NO!
You can see the allthread in the head in the pics, but you can not tell it is allthread until you see the cases in person up close.
By this time it was too late and we would have missed the race. I explained that and he said "I hope they hold up" this meant to me to go ahead and try to make the race with it then send back. But I never got it off the engine stand.......

If he had said that there was a 6mm piece of allthread replacing a headbolt, I would have known that this is not right because the headbolts are 7mm and I would have walked away from the sale.

I hope nothing like this happens to another guys son/daughter and that is the reason for this post.

qcitytile
01-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Im still tryin to figure out why you did all this work to junk cases. hmmmm maybe you've been working out to much:muscle:

STRAUBMAN
01-19-2010, 06:59 AM
probably to see the smile on his kids face isn't that what we are all after

Ride1Rob
01-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Im still tryin to figure out why you did all this work to junk cases. hmmmm maybe you've been working out to much:muscle:

Speaking from Greenmachine's perspective I'm sure he wanted his kid to make the opening race. It seems that he was desperate to make this thing work (which it appears that you agreed to) so they wouldn't miss the race that weekend. I myself have had parts next day aired or 2 day delivered so that we can make the race for that weekend. I definitely understand as I've been in his shoes and I'm sure you and many other parents have done the same. If he went in those cases and hacked them up, welded on them, drilled them, shaved them (you get my picture hopefully) you should have a problem taking those items back. From what I read it's only JB weld to fix the area to try to make the setup work and it didn't. You sent him a broken item (which in the pm's you stated there was nothing wrong with). If you didn't know the item was damaged I'd think a good business person would make it right.

Now here are some valid questions to consider:

1)Could the item have been used by anyone who purchased them with the damage done to it before the JB weld?

2) How much modding was done to the cases by Greenmachine?

3) By Greenmachine doing the mod did it jack the cases up even more or was it pretty much hopeless regardless what he had done?

4) Can the cases be repaired? (Guessing they can't and that's why this post has taken place)

qcitytile
01-19-2010, 07:34 AM
no the jb weld was not to fix any thing if there was any thing wrong . I guarantee these cases were usable. Why do all the extra work on filling for air fuel flow if they were not?? If he would have offered to take the stuff back out of the inside of the case I would have sent him different ones. I have three other sets why would I send him junk. If you sold me somthing then I junked it out would you send a refund???? Im done with this post Its just a guy acting like a little kid Peace out

Ride1Rob
01-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Im done with this post Its just a guy acting like a little kid Peace out

It seems to me you're the guy acting like a little kid and you're making fun of his misfortune. I for one will never buy anything from you.

greenmachine70
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by STRAUBMAN
probably to see the smile on his kids face isn't that what we are all after

Thanks STRAUBMAN.

This deal is done, he wins I lose.
All that matters to me is that my boy will be on the track this Saturday.
I am through with this, the facts are here.