PDA

View Full Version : Oil Rank quick question

jasonanderson1
01-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey guys real quick i was just changing my oil and the bolt on the bottom that you un screw to let it all out of your tank is theyre a washer that comes in it? Because i check my 01 and theyre wasnt one on that or my 07. The reason i ask is because it seems to be a bit weird. I put a paper towel under it just to make sure i no if its cripping. Im not sure if the dripping is from residue of changing it or wat not but is theyre a nack to getting it on right i no theyres that rubber thing theyre and ive tightened the bolt as much as i possibly can. Please just help me out its an easy question i jsut dont know. Thanks, Jason.

jasonanderson1
01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
comeone its a simple question

nastyrider17
01-17-2010, 05:03 PM
There is supposed to be a washer there.

jasonanderson1
01-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by nastyrider17
There is supposed to be a washer there.

that rests on the bolt or not? Because when i took it off theyre wasnt one and my old one had nothing on the bolt. Is it like a seal where you screw it in?

nastyrider17
01-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Check and see if it got stuck onto the tank, that happened on my 400. You should be replacing these every time you change your oil.

CJM
01-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Yea should be on the bolt. I didnt have one and made one from cardboard-no issues.

jasonanderson1
01-17-2010, 09:43 PM
its been holding up steady in my garage atleast i putt paper towels under it to see if its been leaking and so far after 8 hours nothing with no running since its last leak and the oil is still very high almost out the top lol which idk if thats bad. But it seems fine but for the hell of it i ordered 3 washers just incase.