PDA

View Full Version : Where are all of the single guys living by themselves??!

Sjorge450R
01-17-2010, 03:49 PM
What are you guys doing for food? I pretty much dropped my meal plan at school and I am looking for some healthy options on what to eat. I am in no ways lost when I am in a kitchen and I have been cooking for about 8 years now. I have a full set of pots and pans and a forman grill.

What are you guys making?!?!

greenblood01
01-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I make tacos alot, along with burgers. When its warm out I grill steak. Other than that its spaghetti-O's and pizza rolls lol.

Ralph
01-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Marinate some chicken in franks and ranch and throw it on the foreman. Make buffalo chicken wraps.

Spaghetti sauce out of the jar and add ground beef. Also do this with hot italian sausage.

honda400ex2003
01-17-2010, 05:42 PM
im not single when the gf is here to cook but i have a lot of pizza, mac and cheese every now and again, pizza pockets, soup alot, chicken nuggets, and some other stuff that i try to bring from home or something. lol. It is hard to find time to cook when you are busy all the time with homework. steve

Scro
01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Ramen noodles! I lived off of them during college. I probably took in enough sodium during a day for 10 people lol.

jcv400ex
01-17-2010, 06:18 PM
go get a bag of frozen chicken breast. you can defrost a piece at a time and grill it. Ramen noodles. Mac and cheese!

lonnie1977
01-17-2010, 06:19 PM
I had Ellios pizza tonight. And yes the ramen are a great filler. If you want healthy. Grill up a some chicken on your Forman grill and have a nice salad for dinner or lunch for a good part of the week.

300ex mxracer
01-17-2010, 10:05 PM
The pizazz is my best friend lol. O the deep fryer too. Cant forget about the grill in the summertime.

Sjorge450R
01-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I feel like the grilled chicken is going to be my friend. That and salad. I need to loose some weight any way (Six foot even at 185 is not a good weight in my eyes.) I am starting a weight regeime and a diet that eliminates unuessacary sugars and carbs, work in 10th grade, should now.lol.

Should I try to remove red meat from my diet?

IOWAracer
01-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Dont get rid of red meat completely but dont eat it everyday try a nice steak on the forman grill its good and when you eat lean meat dont mix it with a startch like potatoes...

SRH
01-17-2010, 11:30 PM
all of the tyson breaded chicken patties and stuff are awesome..., i get the big box of 30 cheap burgers and cook em up on the foreman grill haha mainly eat lean cuisines

Quad18star
01-17-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm a bachelor for 8 months while my fiance is away at school .

My best advice , invest in a slow cooker... best invention ever. Throw in a chicken with potatoes and veggies ... add a 1/4 inch of water and set it for 8 or 10 hours while you're at school or work. By the time you get home it's cooked and ready to eat.

I also make a lot of hamburger helper ... and eat a lot of fast fry minute steaks with canned potatoes.

Another good investment is a food sealer. That way when you do your groceries and you buy a pack of chicken breasts , you can seal one chicken breast and freeze it without it becomming freezer burnt.

Speghetti sauce always does the trick too ..... make a large batch and freeze whatever you don't eat into single servings.

Quad18star
01-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Another good suggestion ... get yourself a friend that likes to cook . LOL .

My best friend makes me cookies , desserts and dinner a few times per week . I keep her company when her husband is away ... she's always making too much food when he's working so she invites me to have dinner with her. It's great!!!:D

fasterblaster09
01-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
I feel like the grilled chicken is going to be my friend. That and salad. I need to loose some weight any way (Six foot even at 185 is not a good weight in my eyes.) I am starting a weight regeime and a diet that eliminates unuessacary sugars and carbs, work in 10th grade, should now.lol.

Should I try to remove red meat from my diet?

I had to read this over a few times, I kept thinking six foot seven and was still wondering why you were losing weight and not gaining it lol. I am at 185 and 5'11 and happy. I guess everyone has different builds though.

back on topic- they pretty much said everything. I like hamburger helper and just save it and warm it up. I know when we cook gumbo we cook a lot and save it in freezer and it lasts FOREVER, and its sooo good. do yall have gumbo? (made with roux and water)

300ex mxracer
01-18-2010, 07:01 AM
X2 on the slow cooker. Its nice being able to throw a deer roast with some potatoes and carrots in before school and get home and not have to cook and wait for it. Its pretty much ready to go when u get there.

Sjorge450R
01-18-2010, 08:28 AM
I never really thought about the slow cooker. I guess it just always slipped my mind because my mom never really used one as I was growing up.

I wish I had a friend like yours around here. Everyone i know would rather just eat out and not deal with cooking. That or they go to the cafeteria, but I am done with that nonsense. I feel like chit when I eat that food cause its so processed.

Elaborate more on this slow cooker. Can I just put a chicken breast in there and nothing else? I dont think I have ever seen one used when it wasnt filled to the top.

Guy400
01-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Ramen noodles! I lived off of them during college. I probably took in enough sodium during a day for 10 people lol. LMAO...Ramen noodles was nearly the only food I ate in college as well. I would occasionally splurge on some fast food but all my money went to beer and gas for the car.

Quad18star
01-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
I never really thought about the slow cooker. I guess it just always slipped my mind because my mom never really used one as I was growing up.

I wish I had a friend like yours around here. Everyone i know would rather just eat out and not deal with cooking. That or they go to the cafeteria, but I am done with that nonsense. I feel like chit when I eat that food cause its so processed.

Elaborate more on this slow cooker. Can I just put a chicken breast in there and nothing else? I dont think I have ever seen one used when it wasnt filled to the top.

You can add a chicken to it ... add about 1/4-1/2 inch of water and set it to however long you want it to cook for ... 4,6,8 or 10 hours . It'll automatically turn itself off and go into a warming mode after the cooking time is up. I just made a chicken with potatoes and carrots lastnight. I quartered the potatoes , added a bit of seasoning to the chicken and that was it. Through it in at 11am and it was ready by 5pm.

I'm gunna be doing a porketta roast this week , after i finish off my chicken leftovers.

You can buy a good slow cooker for about $50. They're nice and easy to clean also.

I've never tried just a chicken breast ... I usually buy a small whole chicken. I think with a breast it might get over cooked .

Sjorge450R
01-18-2010, 03:44 PM
I went to the cafeteria today and I was like, wow, thank god i dropped to the lowest possible plan. I am so tired of the stuff. As of now, I feel like my new forman grill will be great, but quick question, how can you season the meat without it burning it? Everytime I have seasoned meat, it burns from the contact with the grill.

hondariderdylan
01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I keep her company when her husband is away ... she's always making too much food when he's working so she invites me to have dinner with her. It's great!!!:D

are you sure its the food that keeps you coming back?:p

im by no means on my own but i normally cook for myself:
ramen noodles
frozen pizza
tacos
taters tots go good with most things
Off Brand pre-made burgers
and dont complain about grilling in the cold, once the grill gets rolling it feels great:D

jcv400ex
01-18-2010, 03:56 PM
I have the same problem, but I only season one side and I put seasoned side down. Let it sit there for about half the time, then flip it and turn it 90 degrees or so. it usually cooks the seasoning into the meat the first time. I flip a chicken breast like 4 times so I don't burn it.

Mxjunkie
01-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Hope this helps-

Oatmeal, eggs, chicken breasts, lunch meats & cheese, hot dogs, cheese burgers, tons of bread (toast,grilled cheese,ham n cheese) tuna fish, rice, tons of soup (its cheap and easy!) cant forget about your veggies either.. speggti & pastas, cheap and easy!

I can usually spend about 50 to 100 bucks at the market if I go and get my own food for work/grubbin.. It's actually cheaper to make your own food, some people go out and eat all the time instead of cooking.. I'm weird I find it kinda gross to eat at some places if you ask me thats just waaay too much food to be cooked all day long it really makes you wonder just HOW clean stuff is lol

I could live off eggs though, god do I love eggs :D

250x_kyle
01-18-2010, 06:59 PM
yup. pasta, chicken, steak, venison, tuna. not a big fan of rice but some people seem to be. eggs are good as well.