PDA

View Full Version : New ohio atv law

mx8
01-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I seen that a new atv law will start in july. Where you will have to get a license plate for your atv. The cost will be 35.00, it sounds like it don't matter if your on your own land or public land. I saw this when I googled OHIO ATV LICENSE. Has any one else heard much about this?

250x_kyle
01-17-2010, 03:23 PM
that what happened to us pennsylvainans i wouldnt doubt the same is happening to you.

Tommy Warren
01-17-2010, 04:31 PM
same thing in canada I just keep it in my air box and tell the cops "it just fell off"

Derrick Adams
01-17-2010, 05:03 PM
That should make things interesting for all the guys that ended up with stolen bikes over the years. There will be atv's a plentiful at the local sheriffs auctions for the first few years I bet.

Tommy131
01-17-2010, 07:46 PM
yeah thats gonna look good when i go to sign up for a race.....

"Hey Tommy could you give us your number? Yeah its TFO 4563...." lol

ngates788
01-17-2010, 08:56 PM
cant wait... (note the sarcasm)

kfx400rider03
01-17-2010, 09:08 PM
sence they have to be registered if you buy a inspection sticker from a privet party and have insurence on it can we ride on the road then? i dont see why not beside having a fake inspection but some people do such a good job on making the cop cant even tell.

deathman53
01-17-2010, 09:43 PM
NJ has this same thing, but no license plates, instead you are "supposed" to put the plate numbers/letters in big sticker on the fenders. This has been on the books for awhile, PA had it since ~00 and now Ohio. I've been to PA plenty of times, its only enforced mostly on state riding land, still most don't show their plates. I have a plated dirtbike, when riding in illegal/questionable places, I cover the plate up. There is nothing better to get busted on than a plate they can run and meet you back at your house. When I went to places in PA to ride, everyone kept telling me about needing a plate even for private property, never once seen it, nor did the people who ran the places/local riders. Technically, in PA you need to have the atv registered in your own state and/or PA to even transport it, I can't tell you how many troopers I past by and not get pulled over about it.

kfx400rider03
01-17-2010, 10:08 PM
i live in new jersey and all the trails around me i never saw one person with number on there quad or dirtbike. but the trails i ride on are just random trails that are in the woods and old train tracks and a gravel pit. just random trails that i can go threw my backyard to get to

croat1
01-18-2010, 12:47 AM
way to go ohio. anything to suck more money out of us. don't see any more trails systems being built. hell not one place to go riding in cuyahoga county. sure there is the cuyahoga national recreation area that has more and more horse and walking trails built every year. anyone been to wayne national forest last summer? trails suck. and the trail marking almost non existant.

anyone been to a local license bureau or DMV office in cuyahoga county lately. they act and talk like they have never seen an atv.

01-18-2010, 03:30 AM
Sounds similar to what we've always had in Utah. Ours isn't exactly a plate but we have to have a sticker on our bikes that show they've been registered. Supposed to be one visible from the front and one from the rear.... I put it on the back of my battery box, never had one on the front. Have to renew it every year and it costs me 50 bucks every time... :tired:

JIM GRACE
01-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by kfx400rider03
i live in new jersey and all the trails around me i never saw one person with number on there quad or dirtbike. but the trails i ride on are just random trails that are in the woods and old train tracks and a gravel pit. just random trails that i can go threw my backyard to get to

You never see any plates on quads in jersey because when the cops show up, run or get impounded.

No where is legal except private land in the garden state since chatssucks closed