PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

nastyrider17
01-17-2010, 02:56 PM
I'll start this off by saying my brother and I each got a new dirtbike for christmas 2 years ago and my dad rode a crf230. I got a cr85 and he got a 125sx. Around the next christmas I sold my cr85 so I could get a 400ex. I thought things were going good until my brother blew the top end on the 125sx. He took the 400ex and it forced me to take my dads crf230 while the 125sx sat in the garage (no money to fix it). I rode it about half of the summer while I saved up money and fixed the 125sx. I rode that the rest of the summer and my bro rode the 400ex. One time he decided to take the crf230 for a ride and he blew the fork seals. Right when I finished fixing that my dad and I decided to sell it(we're still trying). For christmas this year I got a crf250r. For break in I take it up and down my road a few times a day and so one day after I'm done riding my bro takes it out and holds it WFO going around my backyard slipping and falling everywhere. After about 10 min of that bs he came inside and starts talking about how much he loves it and how he wants me to set up the suspension for him. I told him no and that it was my bike and that's not gunna happen. So last night at dinner my uncle asked my dad who the new dirtbike was for, and my dad said it was for my brother!! After dinner I asked my dad what that was about and he said that my brother likes it more than I do. That puts me where I am now, I have no clue what to do about all this sh*t. I have dreamed about getting this bike for a while and now that I have it, I don't. I had already planned on some mods I was gunna do to it and all that stuff. What would you guys do in a situation like this? Please help.

LTandRaptorider
01-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Farly simple... Whomever bought the bike gets to decide who rides it. I'm guessing your dad did. You may not like it, but it's his decision who the bike is for. Your solution? Work, save money, buy your own bike. ;)

edit: I just looked at your profile. Are you really going on 26 years old and still fighting with your brother over bikes your dad buys for you 2?? :eek2: :huh

Lquad71
01-17-2010, 08:18 PM
show him that you like it more

nastyrider17
01-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Farly simple... Whomever bought the bike gets to decide who rides it. I'm guessing your dad did. You may not like it, but it's his decision who the bike is for. Your solution? Work, save money, buy your own bike. ;)

edit: I just looked at your profile. Are you really going on 26 years old and still fighting with your brother over bikes your dad buys for you 2?? :eek2: :huh

He did buy it, but he told me that it was for me cause I'm doing a lot better in school. If I didn't spend so much money on my 125sx and all my other bikes then I would be able to buy a new bike.

I'm only 15 and I just kinda filled in random stuff when I made my account.

show him that you like it more

There's not much more to do other than scream and yell about how much I like it like my brother does. I've already broken it in and spent my money on oil, an oil filter, and an extra air filter.

KXRida
01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
You still have the sx? Put a $100 top end in it and ride that or I guess show you dad you like the bike more? Hell I wish I had that problem growing up, but then again that's why I bought all my own bikes.

kfx400rider03
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM
true if your dad did buy it then he is incharge of it but you did buy a 400ex that your bro took from you right? and now the dirt bike... not saying for you to listen to me but i would lay one into my brothers face if he pulled something like that on me. total dickish on your brothers part. i know thats not the right answer though but i would be so pissed and wouldnt care.

beastlywarrior
01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
just take the bike out and ride the crap out of it

kfx400rider03
01-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
just take the bike out and ride the crap out of it

X2 on that too. sounds like your dad doesnt realy care who rides what sence your bro took the 400ex and forced you to ride your dads dirt bike.

nastyrider17
01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Maybe you guys are right. Instead of proving to my dad that I should get the bike, I just hop on it before he does. After a while he'll probably just stop caring and take the 125sx. If he still does, just kick the sh*t outta him.

KXRida
01-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by nastyrider17
Maybe you guys are right. Instead of proving to my dad that I should get the bike, I just hop on it before he does. After a while he'll probably just stop caring and take the 125sx. If he still does, just kick the sh*t outta him.

brotherly love. Stuff him in a berm on the 125sx and take the bike.

nastyrider17
01-17-2010, 10:21 PM
The 125sx is a nice bike but needs a good cleaning. What bike would you rather have?

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/nastyrider17/125sx/DSC_0001.jpg

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/nastyrider17/DSC_0033-1.jpg

jesseweaver
01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Hell I wish I had that problem growing up, but then again that's why I bought all my own bikes.

yea thats true kid be thankful for what you got. haha my parents haven't paid a cent of anything riding related to me and it used to always piss me off so much but now im glad they didn't.

thats what tought me to work hard, when i was 15 i wanted a 450r so bad and worked my *** off since i was about 13 to try and get one. now i look at the kids whos parents buy their bikes and they complain about how they gotta get up "early" (like 8am lol) and work a "long" 5 hour shift at subway. ill gladly get up at 530 every day and work an 80 hour week at a farm and building houses.

i'd say fix that 125sx and ride and ride and ride and ride....

KXRida
01-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
yea thats true kid be thankful for what you got. haha my parents haven't paid a cent of anything riding related to me and it used to always piss me off so much but now im glad they didn't.

thats what tought me to work hard, when i was 15 i wanted a 450r so bad and worked my *** off since i was about 13 to try and get one. now i look at the kids whos parents buy their bikes and they complain about how they gotta get up "early" (like 8am lol) and work a "long" 5 hour shift at subway. ill gladly get up at 530 every day and work an 80 hour week at a farm and building houses.

i'd say fix that 125sx and ride and ride and ride and ride....

My parents usually buy me some gear and possibly a few mx related things for christmas, but when it comes to bikes, I'm on my own. I will say my parents lent me $200 to get my kxf and paid to transfer the title as a graduation gift. The exhaust I split in half with them as a christmas gift. Other than that I've bought and paid for all my bikes and parts. Gotta say it's satisfying knowing that it's your bike that you worked for...

I'd say fix the 125 and go to town. Both look like great bikes. Why not be a loving brother and just trade off?

jesseweaver
01-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by KXRida

I'd say fix the 125 and go to town. Both look like great bikes. Why not be a loving brother and just trade off?

yea i can see that being really hard, that crf is really nice, but in the long run its not gonna be the guy with the nicest bike now who is gonna be the fastest or best rider or have the most fun. its gonne be the one who puts forth the effort