PDA

View Full Version : carbs?

tommygunnz
01-17-2010, 02:09 PM
were working on my boys banshee it wont run unless chocked pilots are 25 and mains are 200 bikes all stock what can it be

miles Machine
02-03-2010, 09:34 AM
pilots plugged...most "chokes are not chokes " like the name suggests they are enrichiners and banshee's fallin that category were they let more fuel in.....so deff pilot being plugged

02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Does it have pipes of anything? That's stock jetting so it would be way lean.

If stock everything then I agree clogged jet.

tommygunnz
02-03-2010, 07:55 PM
This is his extra banshee its bone stock he ordered the tors eliminater kit with pilot screws they'll be here any day

tommygunnz
02-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Well the tors eliminator kit with idle screws is installed and it still only likes to run choked it idles and rides strong then if I put the choke in it will idle for a second them stall.it has stock pipes and jetting wtf could it be?

miles Machine
02-09-2010, 11:57 PM
pilot circuit

tommygunnz
02-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Should I blow them out with the air compressor?

miles Machine
02-10-2010, 07:08 AM
and use a jet cleaner

tommygunnz
02-10-2010, 06:09 PM
well we were able to get it running with out being choked one pipe has oil dripping out a little while the other doesnt and seems to be running richer but both are stock jetting what is syncing the carbs all about?

02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by tommygunnz
well we were able to get it running with out being choked one pipe has oil dripping out a little while the other doesnt and seems to be running richer but both are stock jetting what is syncing the carbs all about?

Making it so that the carb slides open and close at exactly the same time so they draw the same amount of air.

Basically, push the throttle to WOT. (While quad is off) Adjust the throttle cable at the top of the carb until you see the little "ping" dot on the side of the carb through the little window. Do this on both carbs. Wah-lah, sync'd.

tommygunnz
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
thanks I appreciate it any thoughts on why the left cylinder is drippin oil out the back of the cylinder and smokes a little more we cleaned the hell out of both of them and both have the same jets(stock)? she almost goes perfect not quite though

02-10-2010, 08:13 PM
thanks I appreciate it any thoughts on why the left cylinder is drippin oil out the back of the cylinder and smokes a little more we cleaned the hell out of both of them and both have the same jets(stock)? she almost goes perfect not quite though

Is the exhaust hot on that side? Almost sounds like either,

A: Partially clogged exhaust
B: One side not firing (spark plug maybe?)

tommygunnz
02-10-2010, 10:07 PM
The side(right)that doesn't drip oil and smokes less does get warmer fast.don't know if its wise or means anything but my friend was curious and tried to see how each cylinder ran by itself and it would only run with both plug caps on

02-11-2010, 06:59 AM
The side(right)that doesn't drip oil and smokes less does get warmer fast.don't know if its wise or means anything but my friend was curious and tried to see how each cylinder ran by itself and it would only run with both plug caps on

Make sure the caps are all the way back on. If they aren't clicked on all the way on the plug one of them could have a miss.

adamson350r
03-10-2010, 09:29 PM
We were having the same problem where one side would spout a lot of oil and mis fire. Come to find out the crank twisted.

tommygunnz
03-11-2010, 09:06 AM
as crazy as it sounds my buddy said he switched the coil wires around(not from coil to plugs)and it runs mint now.in the meantime I traded my sweet CT Racing LT250 for a 97 Banshee recently and I have it apart the frame is painted and Im waiting on my wiseco .060 over pistons:devil: off topic I know haha