PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Toe/Camber

bkelley
01-17-2010, 12:46 PM
What is the best method for adjusting the toe-in and camber?

buster024
01-17-2010, 05:04 PM
There's a pretty accurate way to do it somewhere on this site. I'll see if i can find it. I got mine dialed in using this method, but it's been awhile.

Donjuan400ex
01-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Need info on subject!! i did the same kfx450 shocks as bkelly and now my quad pulls to the right?? not sure what to do.

bigbad400
01-18-2010, 08:43 AM
if all you did was change the shocks you prolly have one set stiffer than the other.

measure center to center on the front and back of the front tires and make them exactly the same. you have to make sure your handlebars are straight and make sure they dont move.

to set the camber/caster adjustment you need to know how far you want the lean, and use an angle finder or you can use a carpenters square to make them perfect up and down. remember you have to stress the ball joints to have an out of camber adjustment, althow it will handle better on hard corners your ball joints will wear faster too.

triple b
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Make all you camber / caster adjustments first then set your toe

bkelley
01-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
if all you did was change the shocks you prolly have one set stiffer than the other.

measure center to center on the front and back of the front tires and make them exactly the same. you have to make sure your handlebars are straight and make sure they dont move.
Alright, I think I got it. Thanks.

What's a good angle to shoot for with the camber? I don't want the joints to wear out too fast but I'd like it to handle good in the turns.

Donjuan400ex
01-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Bkelly dont want to steal the thread!! I originally had stockers on my bike, and i only changed to the KFX shocks and nothing else. Now the bike pulls to the right. Could one shock be stiffer then the other?? i have adjusted the tie rods now and have adjusted the lower heim joints to push the bottom of the tire out. it doesnt pull as hard to the right but if i let go of the bars it will still pull to the right. Whats the next step??

atv fan 28
01-18-2010, 06:39 PM
maybe this will help ya! http://www.lsracing.com/img/Guide_21.pdf

bkelley
01-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Sweet, that's perfect.