PDA

View Full Version : the Shop says "no spark'

racer 557
01-17-2010, 10:38 AM
it had to be completly rebuilt its gonna be about 2k right now and they have had my bike since the monday after thansgiving well i had it for a week to tair down and paint but now they say it has no spark

so could it be the grounds
something not hooked up right in wiring harness
or they say its the stator because my motor had shavings in it is this true??

d3ktrix
01-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Just to be clear with what you are saying...

AFTER they rebuilt the entire engine and gave it back to you is when you tore it all down and painted the frame?
And now it has no spark? Did it run when they gave it back to u?

If so then yeah it's most likely a bad ground or connection.
....If it had spark when they gave it back to you anyway.

I've also seen shavings in the engine kill the sensor on the stator, cheap fix.

racer 557
01-18-2010, 08:44 PM
they got the bike the following monday after thanksgiving then they were waiting on parts so i picked it up painted it and then returned to them,so they still have it then the informed me thursday it was put back together but would not turn over they said it had no spark they said it could be the stator because my whole motor had shaving but i myself do not beleive a few shaving could have damaged it

they have had the bike since around thanksgiving and i was soppose to have back no later than the 1st i have things i need to get done on it and i can not do because of there mess up so any imput would be appreciated

thanks in advance

forrest

coryatver
01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
if a place had my bike that long actually i wouldn't have even waited near this long I would tell them i am coming to pick it up that is nuts.

Take it somewhere else where they know what they are doing.

It would take maybe a half hour to clean and check all the grounds and eliminate or verify that as the problem.

also what are you paying them for if they were supposed to fix it and are saying it isnt fixed what you paying 2,000 bucks for lol

Ichoptop
01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Throw a new stator at it and see what happens. If I understand your post it has a fresh motor in it. If that doesn't work then check each ground. Remember, when it comes to grounding anything, star washers are your friend

racer 557
01-18-2010, 09:05 PM
well heres what they said was arong

rings and piston
crank
rod
cylinder
case left side
case right side
oil pump
and possibly stator

i have all ready put new valves all 4 springs cam and cam chain

and about picking it up yes i want to but my father will not let me its driven me nuts!!

can some make a list up of every posability of what it is so i can print it out and go there and go in the shop and try it

coryatver
01-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by racer 557
well heres what they said was arong

rings and piston
crank
rod
cylinder
case left side
case right side
oil pump
and possibly stator

i have all ready put new valves all 4 springs cam and cam chain

and about picking it up yes i want to but my father will not let me its driven me nuts!!

can some make a list up of every posability of what it is so i can print it out and go there and go in the shop and try it

dude they replaced the whole motor :eek2:

racer 557
01-18-2010, 09:08 PM
the reason im held up alot is the case had to be sent to honda to get the vin on the motor to match my bike and

the bearing they were sent for the crank were apperntly wrong size but that was the first thing i beleive they got

also does anyone live in northen va or know a good shop around here

racer 557
01-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
dude they replaced the whole motor :eek2:

yep i was lied to when i got the bike i was told change oil and it will be good as new no problem

racer 557
01-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Bump please help I'm tryin to go ride this weekend before they close the park to ride till march please help everyone

d3ktrix
01-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Did the shop double check all ur grounds and check the stator yet?

racer 557
01-20-2010, 12:22 PM
they said they have checked grounds but im not %100 sure they did what about something in the wiring harness hooked up wrong

coryatver
01-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Did you put a new stator in it???

kenny450er
01-20-2010, 04:52 PM
if it ran when you brought it to them and paid them that much money to rebuild it best run they mest something up they need to fix it free of charge!!!! if they tried that with me i would be putting my boot up someones *****!!!!

300racer
01-20-2010, 05:25 PM
did you grind all the paint off of the frame where the gounds bolt to the frame if not that could be the problem.

racer 557
01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
honestly im not surewhat they have and havnt done at this point
has anyone came up with like a list of prblems that i could swing by and check