PDA

View Full Version : Trx 90 Rims and Tires Education

Texas
01-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Just bought my daughter a 2003 trx 90. She is racing a cross country series in the stock class and needs some rims and tires. Does anybody have suggestions on what she should run and if i wanted to get some more width would it be possible to get some offset rims because we can not have spacers because of the class, and what would it do to the bike. Also is there flex bars of some sort for the trx 90 and what would I have to do to install them.

jakiesdad
01-17-2010, 02:37 PM
We just picked up a set of rear Scorpians 18x9.5x8 on ITP T9 8x7 rims offset 3+4 from RockyMtn (http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tireWheelPackages.jsp#wheelAnchor)

They are about and inch each side wider and if U flip them and just run the stems on the inside U get another inch each side.
I went with these because the were alot cheaper and still seem to have a good knobby for XC. Also they are not balloons like the stocks but also not completely flat and low profile like the the razrs and holeshots, so my thoughts are they will help out the stock shocks with a little cushion still.

On a side note the I hear the boy watching SpongeBob now and its the one where they are talking to Sandy about Texas.

jakiesdad
01-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Up front I am running +2 a-arms and have a set of Holeshot 21's but they are on different rims and trying to figure out if I want to order some TRX 90 rims and waste my money having someone mount them or just spend more and pick up a set of Kenda 20's on the correct rims and not hassle with the tire rim change.

Texas
01-18-2010, 09:32 PM
What ever Spongebob said about Texas is Probably True