PDA

View Full Version : Got a question about fitting the tusk nerf bars (or any nerfs for that matter) YFZr

yamaha_maniack
01-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Hey guys, does anybody know if the tusk comp series nerf bars will mount onto the YFZr's? or are the 09 frame dimensions etc. different from the motor mount to the foot pegs etc..? or would i have to buy the tusk nerfs with the footpegs and nerf bars?
Thanks!

hendershot106
01-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by yamaha_maniack
Hey guys, does anybody know if the tusk comp series nerf bars will mount onto the YFZr's? or are the 09 frame dimensions etc. different from the motor mount to the foot pegs etc..? or would i have to buy the tusk nerfs with the footpegs and nerf bars?
Thanks!

Dont waste your money on tusk.... go with pro armor or rath.

And make sure you get the pro peg style with heelguards to lower the pegs and replace the plastic heelguards.

yamaha_maniack
01-20-2010, 07:21 AM
alright thanks... they dont get any tusk in stock until march anyways, but i will be looking at others as well.
Thanks

One_Bad_400
01-22-2010, 10:23 AM
not sure how the Pro Armors are built for the YFZ but if they are anything like the Honda, dont get the 3 piece nerf,peg,heel set. they will break. A buddy of mine has the 1 piece set and they seem to be holding up, but i've welded mine up 6+ times, lost count!

although i am not a Fan of Rath, i would recomend they're nerf bars. people seem to like them.