PDA

View Full Version : ds vs trx ques?

Doug@J&D racing
01-16-2010, 06:14 PM
i have a trx450 and was thinking about switching to can-am. how does the ds compare to the trx in a 50 inch trail for example the majority of my riding is tight. is the low end grunt as bad as ive heard on the ds hows the handling is it spot on like the ol 400ex was or does it push in the corners like my trx450 did. i hated my trx450 when i first got it and after i got my shocks reworked it was better but not as good as my old 400ex. does the ds have a plush suspension or stiff anybody else make the change good move or regret???? thanks for any help with this decision

warr72
01-16-2010, 06:46 PM
I made the switch only a few months ago and haven't regretted it at all. The DS in its stock form is lacking bottom end power but the pink wire mod and pulling the arrestor out took care of that. Plus I've added a few other things that really made the DS come to life. The handling and suspension and way above what the TRX is in all aspects. With those little mods to the engine as I stated above the DS will lug around like a 400, but when you hit the gas it will blow the doors off a 400 easily. I've had fully built Honda 250R, 400EXand 450R and the DS is kinda like a blend of all of them in one. The only thing I regret is not getting one sooner. Mine revs like a 250R, handles like a 400 and opened up has the power of the 450R. I race XC so the suspension was a little soft for me, but it was easy to dial in to my liking, plus I tip the scales at a touch over 210. :D Try one out as that is the only way to find out for sure. I'm gonna try the +1 seat as I heard it works really good for taller riders. Good luck.

LTMFB
01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
warr, where do you get the +1 seat....sounds like a good mod. I"m 6'7"

warr72
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM
The seat is a Quadtech and is offered by Dynamite Atv on Ebay. It looks to be an obvious good upgrade, but a little pricey at 170 for the kit. The taller pro riders on Can Am's have been using them with good luck so I'm gonna give it a try.

LTMFB
01-19-2010, 07:35 AM
if it's that much better ergonomically then should be worth it! Thanks for the info!

warr72
01-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Post up pic when done, Can-Am getting some work done to it now.