PDA

View Full Version : FMF SST Pipe

trx250r1
01-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Anyone every use FMF's SST pipe? My mechanic used it on his last R and he loved it. His was ported/polished, had a boyesen rad valve and the SST pipe.

IcutMetl
01-16-2010, 08:45 PM
I have a used Fatty on my motor, and it works very well for me. Try to search for info on the SST and you'll come up with even less. I've been curious as well, but if I were to do it again it'd be an ESR TRX5.

1promodfan
01-16-2010, 10:45 PM
I had a SST on mine and I loved it!! It was great pipe that made power all over the power band.

trx250r1
01-17-2010, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
I had a SST on mine and I loved it!! It was great pipe that made power all over the power band.

That's what Mike said but i wanted to ask more people before I spent the money. Thanks!

machwon
01-17-2010, 04:41 AM
I'd be really really cautious. I've never tested the SST version but in testing on my dyno I rarely see anything but an out of frame drag pipe out perform ESR pipes.

250rPRIDE
01-17-2010, 07:25 AM
i got a 250r once with a fmf pipe not sure what model it was. but after i put my one turner mid pipe on it, wow what a differance. i dont really care for fmf, with all the other great pipes out there made for the 250r.. i run a turner hi-rev on my good 250r but they dont make them anymore but you see them on ebay often for good prices.. look around and if you looking for a pipe you could find one from the guys on here i am sure people have them sitting around all over. just ask..
goodluck

troybilt
01-17-2010, 07:42 AM
I currently run an SST on my 250r. Boyesen RAD valve, 38 A/S carb everything else is pretty much stock. I've had good luck with the SST, plus the finish is better doesn't yellow, etc... great all purpose pipe, also the power core is the most quiet silencer todate.

I'm surprised more don't run SST's good pipe, ESR has the market share on this forum. I ride with a friend that has an identical bike to mine, with exception he has a cool head and ESR trx5 pipe. Everything else is the the same, he just bought the pipe brand new and after 2 rides the chrome started to yellow. The power delivery wasn't noticeably better on the stock ported/bore motors.

I've been thinking of selling mine for my new XC build and trying a Paul Turner Type 6 woods pipe...

trx250r1
01-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
I currently run an SST on my 250r. Boyesen RAD valve, 38 A/S carb everything else is pretty much stock. I've had good luck with the SST, plus the finish is better doesn't yellow, etc... great all purpose pipe, also the power core is the most quiet silencer todate.

I'm surprised more don't run SST's good pipe, ESR has the market share on this forum. I ride with a friend that has an identical bike to mine, with exception he has a cool head and ESR trx5 pipe. Everything else is the the same, he just bought the pipe brand new and after 2 rides the chrome started to yellow. The power delivery wasn't noticeably better on the stock ported/bore motors.

I've been thinking of selling mine for my new XC build and trying a Paul Turner Type 6 woods pipe...

Thanks man! If you decide to get rid of it let me know!

troybilt
01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by trx250r1

Sure will, if I locate a decent PT type 6 in the next few weeks I'll contact you. They are hard to find and too expensive new...

250rPRIDE
01-17-2010, 02:44 PM
troy i seen one on ebay but i dont think it was nice, i just sold a nice chrome one and i still have a black one but i think i might keep it for when i go on long trail rides, that type 6 is fun!!!
you can find them on ebay just keep an eye out..

troybilt
01-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 250rPRIDE
troy i seen one on ebay but i dont think it was nice, i just sold a nice chrome one and i still have a black one but i think i might keep it for when i go on long trail rides, that type 6 is fun!!!
you can find them on ebay just keep an eye out..

Yeah, I looked on ebay right after I typed that last post. There was a nice one that has been relisted 2 maybe 3 times now that I'm watching for 275-ish, and no silencer. I'd give 175-200 for the pipe but not 275 without silencer.

Most likely, I'll be running my SST cause it is a really good all around pipe and mine's in excellent condition.

250rPRIDE
01-17-2010, 06:01 PM
thats good that the fmf proforms like that for ya..
ya take your time i know you can get them for under 200 thats what i sold my type 6 for and it was nice

1promodfan
01-17-2010, 08:45 PM

I just noticed you're in North Carolina. What part you live in??

trx250r1
01-18-2010, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
I just noticed you're in North Carolina. What part you live in??

Piedmont/Triad Area

1promodfan
01-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Piedmont/Triad Area

PM sent......