PDA

View Full Version : Louvers for XC?

kellymi
01-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Getting the DS ready for next season and I am wondering about the radiator louvers. Last season I ran window screen and it worked really well, even in the races that turned into mudfest and just trying to survive. Anybody run the Louvers in XC? Would you recommend it? Or should I stick with the screen? I see the GNCC team uses some sort of screen on the front. I basically have two choices. I am either going to stick with the screen and build a better way to attach it to the quad, or I am going to build my own radiator louvers. Picture below is what I did last year. Can't see the screen that well but it is under the mud.
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/millerphotos/Spragueville/278.jpg

Diesel101
01-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Keep us updated if you build your own louvers... Im thinking about building a set for my 450xc.

Don't know what I'm gonna make them out of yet, probably metal, maybe carbon fiber...

Blizzard24
01-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I ran the louvers all season and never had overheating issues. I was more concerned not having them on there and getting rocks and sticks jammed through the rad. Running them again this year.

the factory XC guys have a cage that covers a push pull fan. I spoke to Outerwears and they make the cover that goes over the cage. I am sending them my louvers to ake an outerwear cover that will cover the factory louvers.

I know BCS performance makes as set of louvers and fourwerx makes a carbon set, but I wouldnt run carbon for XC.

TNT
01-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Thats the funniest pic I ever seen lol! :eek2:

Id just take a pressure washer to you and the quad.....lol!

xrxmxcx
01-16-2010, 06:06 PM
I have a factory Motoworks louver set I will part with, same style as the warnert racing team uses, but the inner fins are plastic and it is resistant to large rocks that would damage the metal fins.

nwi45
01-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Any pics of these? I'm running the GNCCs this year on a CanAm and am trying to set it up but have NO experience racing XC. I have been all moto up till now

TNT
01-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by nwi45
Any pics of these? I'm running the GNCCs this year on a CanAm and am trying to set it up but have NO experience racing XC. I have been all moto up till now

Your mailbox is full so here is the response to your PM.

Yes if the 09 has an Eng # less than M6748166 it needs the clutch update. Read the recent thread “DS 450 X MX” allbones512 started I just posted alot of info on it about the pink wire and computers/fuel controllers and whats been breaking. Look at the bottom my photos for MOD’s we run in MX good for XC without the big bore maybe. BCS sells alot of parts to upgrade the 08 the 09/2010 does not need, just follow my post for the 09’s.

Blizzard24(above) has a 08 and is our resident more experienced XC racer you might PM him, we don’t do much of it. Good luck after reading it all you have specific questions ask, my tnt build thread is FULL of very valuable info too. You might search Blizzard24 threads he has a 08 XC build thread out there too.
:D