PDA

View Full Version : Who likes Razr Cross front tires?

NacsMXer
01-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking about getting new front tires and I like the new Razr Cross. The center rib looks like it would steer very precisely.

I'm coming off of Kenda Klaw MXF fronts which have lasted nicely for the type of tracks I ride. I ride mostly hardpack, so it eats soft tires pretty quick. I need a tire that will last, so how are the Razr Cross fronts on tread life? Wear good, wear too fast? Let me know :)

Also feel free to post your general opinions on them. Thanks! :macho

rooster300ex
01-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I've been think about gettin these front tires also.

BlaineKaiser450
01-16-2010, 12:00 PM
I have used them before, and they are very good for loamy or softer dirts, not so much hardpack. And my set lasted about 3 months, with only one hardpack track being ridden on. So I would look for a tire thats more designed for the harder packed dirt, like the Itp Quadcross

born2ride14
01-16-2010, 06:40 PM
How do you go through tires like that? do you ride on the street? dirt is not that hard on tires,i have had a set of holeshots for 3 years and have almost the some amount of tread as they did when i bought them.

motofreak2772
01-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by born2ride14
How do you go through tires like that? do you ride on the street? dirt is not that hard on tires,i have had a set of holeshots for 3 years and have almost the some amount of tread as they did when i bought them.
Here in Florida the tracks are soo soft compared to the northern tracks. Our dirt is mainly sand with clay mixed in that's why we don't really have that problem, but even riding some of the harder packed tracks in Florida a couple times will wear out the tires quicker than you think.

eastside 400
01-17-2010, 09:04 AM
holeshots are usually done in about 4 races for me, they wear really fast, i like my razr cross fronts though, they worked great

NacsMXer
01-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Well the Quadcross fronts were designed for hardpack, but they also have a soft compound designed to grip in those conditions. I'm sure they perform well, but not sure on how long they will last. Last time I ran ITP tires they wore way too fast for my tastes. Plus they have a much shallower tread depth at 12/32". The Razr Cross have a much deeper tread at 16/32". As long as they wear decent I might go with them.

Anybody have other opinions they would like to add?

BlaineKaiser450
01-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by born2ride14
How do you go through tires like that? do you ride on the street? dirt is not that hard on tires,i have had a set of holeshots for 3 years and have almost the some amount of tread as they did when i bought them. Most "B" or higher riders in California go through tires like you wouldn't believe! All of our tracks are pretty much clay-like, or super hard packed. This is baisically what we deal with, it sucks to fall on haha

From my testing and such, The Itp tires do wear a lot faster, but its worth it IMO. The Razr Crosses are still very good tires though, just not my choice for hardpack

BlaineKaiser450
01-17-2010, 04:38 PM
oh and heres a good helmet cam of my main practice track, so you can see what dirt I'm used to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ytUTOlDVY